Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ruger, please give us a good line of pistol caliber carbines. I want a 44 mag deer carbine just like the very first ones they made in the sixties only with rottery mags. The last atempt wasn't well thought out but I'd buy one if I found one, 99/44 I think. And Ruger, please give us a good 9mm, 40s&w, and 45acp carbine, shoot bring back the last ones, the PC9 and 40 was it? But this time use SR9 and SR40 mags. Thing is a simple blow back that looks like a 10/22 or a Marlin camp gun and can take new mags would be nice. Give us something nice like what Beretta has going in the Storm line, they go from. 223 Beretta Rx4Storm to a pistol cal Cx4 Storm. I hate it that Highpoint is my low end choice and Beretta is my high end and Ruger doesn't have something just right in the middle. I'm gonna keep looking for a 44 used but something brand new would be nice, maybe even a 44 auto mag carbine, hmm now that would be nice, and mags would be easy too. :cool:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Something for you to consider. A carbine for deer hunting doesn't have to be a auto loader. There are numerous good lever actions made in .44 handgun caliber. If you want to stay with Ruger, there is the 77/44 bolt action which is carbine length. My wife has one of them and it is a fine short range deer rifle that is extemely light and easy handling.
As far as bringing back guns I know that there are many firearms that we would like Ruger to bring back or introduce for the first time.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I sent a similar plea to Mike Fifer a couple of years ago thru his talk to the CEO system.

Till then its a matter of finding what you can. I do have a HP 995TS 9mm carbine that is a blast to shoot but could be so much better....

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
All the older ones you listed are on GunBroker. Its a good thing they thought my registration was possibly suspect, and wanted a faxed copy of a utility bill, or some other way to really prove I was who I said I was, or OMG, I would probably be divorced by now. LOL. And I have a great wife who likes to shoot. Check Gunbroker for those older pistol carbines. I am looking right now for a 9MM carbine, and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 is neat, and cheap. Hard to find though. Of course a Ruger PC9 would be cool, but not for what they cost. Maybe a Marlin Camp 9. About 2/3 the cost of the Ruger.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Something for you to consider. A carbine for deer hunting doesn't have to be a auto loader. There are numerous good lever actions made in .44 handgun caliber. If you want to stay with Ruger, there is the 77/44 bolt action which is carbine length. My wife has one of them and it is a fine short range deer rifle that is extemely light and easy handling.
As far as bringing back guns I know that there are many firearms that we would like Ruger to bring back or introduce for the first time.
I would love to see the exact gun he described. Basically a 10/22 chambered in .44mag. I don't like lever actions and the bolt gun is just not the same as the auto loader.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to see the exact gun he described. Basically a 10/22 chambered in .44mag. I don't like lever actions and the bolt gun is just not the same as the auto loader.
You got it Sir. The 10/22 looking blow back type carbine chambered for 44mag and 357mag with rotory mags, they would be great hog or deer guns. Who wouldn't want one. And I would think the tooling would be easy enough.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Heck, just dust off the PC9 & PC4, molds retool for the SR mags and wrap it in some tacticool plastic and they'd fly off the shelves.

The Keltec carbines are selling for $200 over list and can't keep up with production.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Mech Tech looks interesting and with a double stack Glock lower would be fun. But theres something about a Ruger 44 or 357 semi auto carbine that hit the spot. I'm a little old school in that I do like modern firearms but blue steel and walnut do it for me. It could have the latest action in it but a walnut stock..., add a little checkering and I'm grabbing a wallet.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I would love to see a 96/22 done in .45acp, using 1911 mags. But I . . am . . looking hard at the Mech Tech for the 1911.

So many choices, so many wants, so little money. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was lucky to find a new KT Sub2000 at my LGS. Sold it to me for 400.00 about a year ago. Shoots .40 with Glock mags. I love the gun but its not a Ruger. I'd buy a .45 carbine in a heartbeat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts