Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the going price for decent 22LR plinking ammo ...

Not the panic buying price but the price before Covid-19 screwed everything up ...

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I was paying low to mid $20s per brick of Aguila SuperExtra (High Velocity plated or Standard Velocity lead) (so 4-5c/round). It has been a very good performer in my .22s.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Last month .03 to .04 for Federal byob bucket and Remington golden bullet bulk ammo.
I ordered Federal black pack last Sunday from bass pro for .05 so if you can find some it seems to have not jumped to badly.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ... just picked up 2250 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets for .06¢ a round and that includes delivery ...

Price is .05¢ a round if you take shipping out ...

I think that's a fair price ...

I've always had good luck with these and my supply was very low so I'm stoked and ready to shoot once this covid crap passes ...

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just picked up another 2250 rounds of Remington Golden Bullets for .06¢ a round ... once this pandemic is in the rearview mirror I'll be all set for an all day range session with my 22 rifles ... might even try these in my Wrangler ...

·
Registered
908 Posts
What was the going price before Kung Flu? At the range a brick of Aguila red box was 35.95 with range discount. Buying online from TargetSports.com was 17.99 for the same brick. Free shipping on a case of 5000 rounds. Range is closed down and Targetsports.com is out of stock.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Got a 5k case (ten 500 round bricks) of Winchester XPert 36gr HP High Velocity from SGAmmo for 5 cents/round, shipping and tax included. Prices have crept up higher locally, most is over $3.00 per 50 round box, and no one has any bricks left. Two boxes only to walk out the door. Mail order is still good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just bought 200 rounds (hit my 4 box limit) of Armscor Precision .22LR Ammunition 36 grain High Velocity Hollow Point at local Rural King for $1.99/box so 4 cents per round. When I go back will pick up more.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts