Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take a foil disposable pan or make one and set it on the grill. Turn the grill in between medium and high and lay your trout in the pan.
Take 3 tablespoons of butter and let it melt covering the bottom of the pan.
Once the butter has melted, pour in a can of beer (I use Coors) and cover the fish halfway. Top with a liberal coating of Old Bay or the seasoning of your choice.
Close the grill lid and let it sit for 20 mins (Enjoy a beer or two while you wait). Once the beer has boiled off, add the other half can and flip the fish. Wait 10mins and your trout are ready.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Sounds great! Always looking for new recipes for trout. One question, are the fish whole or filleted?

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Great recipe! Beer is a go to poaching medium for fish of all varieties. I bet that bone just pulls right out intact.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i put them in a made tin foil Pack. Throw in some butter & lemon juice & some slices.? And poach them on the hot coals till tender.?Some Nice Rice.?For a side dish.? And a nice cold glass of Pino Gresio Wine.? An't nothing short of Dying.? Besides Trout.? I make my Crappies. & Bass.? the same way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am new to this forum but like to cook. I will try and contribute but may not be up to the standards I have seen.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Season fish as desired, coat in butter and lemon, no additional liquid needed, wrap in foil, seal in a quality ziplock bag, then another. Put double wrapped package in empty dishwasher, full cycle. When done, open and enjoy perfectly poached fish! Easy as that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts