Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Front pocket, back pocket, jacket pocket....what are you carrying?

I'm getting away from the big ol' honkin' heavy gun at 3:00 o'clock and carrying smaller pistols that can be carried and presented with an element of surprise and speed, more easily transferred from car to pocket without even being seen.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I carry IWB most of the time because I am comfortable carrying my Security 9 Compact that way. But there are times when I need to employ deep concealment. Then I pocket carry my LCP II in my front pocket. I also carry a LC9S at times in a coat pocket. But my favorite way to carry is OWB at 4 o’clock with my Sec9 compact with the 15 round magazine. Usually I do that by wearing a tee shirt with a button shirt over the tee and worn unbuttoned. Of course when the wind blows the gun can be seen at times, but I do not care.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sig P365 in an Alabama Pocket Holster. It disappears in my front pocket. Sometimes carry a SP101 in a DeSantis Nemesis in my front pocket but it’s a bit heavy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Concealability (in my mind) takes precedence over weight. And range does not matter in the use of derringers (to me); they are a true 'hold out/belly gun' for use in up close and personal scenarios. A derringer is a true Back Up Gun i.e. BUG.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I frequently carry the small 5 shot LR N. American Derringer especially in summer. It almost fits in my watch pocket in my Wranglers. I know, a .22 is pretty small for self defense, but it is there if I really need it.

Otherwise I may be carrying my Glock 19, or my S&W Model 36 in my coat pocket.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
My EDC is an LCR 38 SPL in a RKBA leather holster. I started carrying in 2009 with an LCP but got the LCR in 2011 or 2012 when my firearms interest moved from semi automatics to revolvers. I still prefer revolvers.

Pocket carry is my preferred method of carry. It's the most discreet means of carrying and allows one to have a full grip on the gun ready to draw with no one being the wiser. I'll occasionally carry on my beltline and during colder months I'll use shoulder holsters but will typically still carry my LCR in my pocket.

As for derringers...they had their time but are anachronistic when you can easily pocket lighter micro compacts and snubbies.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Mostly an LCR .327 or sometimes a Beretta Tomcat in front pocket. Both have DeSantis Superfly Pocket Holsters. Pocket carry is my primary method.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sig P365 in an Alabama Pocket Holster. It disappears in my front pocket. Sometimes carry a SP101 in a DeSantis Nemesis in my front pocket but it’s a bit heavy.
I carry my Sig 365 bare in my front pocket, but I will look into this Alabama Pocket Holster

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Shield 9mm in right front pocket with a pocket holster. Sometimes borrow my wife's P938. I would have gotten one of those, but I don't shoot it as well because of my monster hands.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts