Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
...all the training and all the weapons & ammo...and they still pulled off Pearl Harbor. Surprise Attack and you best be ready for it?
Heh! People have been talking about the "surprise" for years. We had broken the Japanese codes and could read their stuff. We could not let them suspect it.

After the war we created a CIA and intelligence apparatus to prevent it. We got the Bay of Pigs and we got 9/11. We should have sent the guys to Trinidad. We should have implemented the Gore Commission's findings.

Normally most trouble happens because of diminished capacity or passions. In other words events involving romance, alcohol or vulnerable kids. People who tote guns into a bar and then drink just might be courting trouble. Getting into other people's business is courting trouble.

Folks who mess with people's families deserve whatever trouble that they get.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
The only guns I pocket carry are a S&W 642 or a Sig P238. I have a Sig P365, but I can't draw it from my pocket. My Wrangler jeans just don't have pockets big enough for me to draw anything else from them. My preference is a 1911 in a belt slide holster or a Crossbreed IWB.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Kimber micro 380 in a Talon Tactical pocket holster looks like a front pocket wallet (which is in my other front pocket). Very easy and quick to draw.

Reactions: Gene15644

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here :).............My "pocket gun", it is a S&W Bodyguard .380. No one would ever know it was in there, and I can barely feel it is there most of the time. I also have a Kimber micro 9 but it is a little heavier than I would want in a pocket gun.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
These past few years, I've leaned more towards j-framed revolvers than anything else, for EDC.
I love that they fit in an OWB holster, in a pocket holster, loosely in a jacket or vest pocket, etc.
Recently acquired a S&W 340 PD in .357 magnum (DAO) and it's quickly become my favorite pocket wheelie!

·
Registered
548 Posts
It gets really hot and humid here so I wear a lot of tee shirts and shorts and a S&W 649 in my pocket. Pocket carry is pretty fast when standing but goes into the ditch when driving a car. I have been known to switch holsters when driving. I think appendix carry is faster unless you have your hand in your pocket and on your revolver. I have had two "incidents" where putting my hand in my pocket and blading off convinced my "reason for concern" to immediately change course and walk off. I find it interesting that these two seemed to immediately understand what was going on. Being able to access your revolver without displaying it makes a lot of sense to me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
S&W BG380 in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. weighs 12-15 ounces....depends on your ammo load.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,409 Posts
I carry a government model 1911 and two spare magazines on my belt plus a Sig P938 and a spare magazine in my pocket.

·
Exalted One
1,834 Posts
Bersa Thunder Combat 380, in a #2 Uncle Mike's pocket holster, in my jeans' back pocket. Jeans are pretty much all I wear since I retired, and it is a nice semi-tight fit easily accessible and quick to access. Also helps even out the bulge from my wallet in the other back pocket. I wear it everywhere - just part of the getting dressed in the morning routine - and often need to physically check it is there, even though it is 20+oz in weight. Two spare mags are typically carried: one in a knife pouch on the belt and one in a light jacket pocket (necessary so as to not "print"). I am comfortable and very good with this. In those rare instances where I have a medical appointment (that doesn't ban guns), I'll remove it and put it in one of my jacket pockets if I need blood drawn or BP taken.

Understand, I spend about 99% of my time on our semi-remote farm, usually within about 200 paces of more substantial firepower (bigger pistols and carbines). The 2-3 times a month I venture off the farm for med appointments and "provisions", I stick to places that are demonstrably not seedy and most likely have an abundance of fellow CCW brothers and sisters as customers.

To each their own, and for their own circumstances, and that is really the driving factor in all of this.

·
Administrator
22,301 Posts
Pocket is slower than a holster carry but mostly that's on your training.
Respectfully disagree with you. If things start looking sideways I can have gun in hand ready to rock and roll, still be concealed and just look like a dufus with my hand in my pocket.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I carry a 642 in the front pocket, no holster. With the 642 I can grip it correctly and draw it, I have an LC9 that will fit in the front pocket but if I grip it correctly I can't draw it. The 642 can be very quick on the draw if you already have your hand on it. The problem with pocket carry is that you can't draw while sitting.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts