Ruger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm almost 70...I hike and bicycle....I carry a LC9s but I need that pocket gun when warm is here. I wear t-shirt and shorts. I need small but power too. I got rid of my LCP....and I lean toward the LCP ll.....but lets hear Ruger People say....my hands and wrists hurt plenty....

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm almost 70...I hike and bicycle....I carry a LC9s but I need that pocket gun when warm is here. I wear t-shirt and shorts. I need small but power too. I got rid of my LCP....and I lean toward the LCP ll.....but lets hear Ruger People say....my hands and wrists hurt plenty....
I like my LCPII. I have arthritis in my shoulders and struggle some with tendinitis and can shoot it comfortably.
I put a Hogue Handall grip sleeve on it since my hands are large. I sanded down the grip sleeve finger ridge a little to make it easier to get a purchase out of the Galco Pocket Protector holster. The grip sleeve takes patience and some strength to install. I needed to place it in hot water and use a little soapy water as lube to work it on

·
Registered
7 Posts
I carry the LC9s and have no difficulty using it as a pocket gun. It is small , accurate easy to shoot.....

·
Registered
447 Posts
I can carry a LC9s Pro, but if I want smaller like a 380 then I have a Full Dozen to choose from, What gravitates to the top for me is a Springfield 911 380, a LCPII 380, a Taurus Spectrum 380 or my smallest a Kahr CW-380. The Kahr is very picky on ammo and seems to love all ammo made with Hornady XTP's, including Hornady, but the Kahr is reliable with ammo it likes.
I own a LCR in 327 and you can find some great loads of 32 H&R Magnum that work a lot of 327 Federal would be allowable recoil wise, 100 Grain American Eagle are very stout, I carry them but feel very heroic shooting them. The 327 LCR/LCRx are six shooters where the 38 and 357's are five.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No-see-um leather pocket holster www.pcsholsters.com
Ruger LCR 357mag 5-shot
PD Ammo - ref. Lucky Gunner Labs
Practice/target ammo, shop 125gr low recoil or .38spl

Need more rounds?
Bigger pockets but more weight, less recoil
S&W 8-shot Night Guard snubby

Don't like revolvers?
Springfield Hellcat 9mm
but prefer Mod.2 in larger calibers

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my hot weather carry, and it's hot a lot here. All of about 7 oz loaded. Generally, 380 produces about the same FP as 22 mag. From experimentation with the Black Widow and the longer barrelled Mini Master, I can tell you that these little pistols are inherently accurate, but practice is necessary to develop the hold and trigger control. Also, very safe. With the hammer down and in it's cylinder slot, I could pound on it with a hammer and nothing would happen.

IMG_6302 by Robert Copple, on Flickr

IMG_6298 by Robert Copple, on Flickr
I carry almost the same outfit in warm weather. The best part is I have to remind myself its there !
Summer Carry.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
I really like the Hornady Critical Defense Lite 90 gr. ammo in my 38 sp LCR. Very comfortable shooting. That being said I wouldn’t mind something a little more compact for summer carry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a beauty. Have you ever experienced rim lock? I had a little Kel-Tec 32 for awhile, and was always warned about carefully loading the magazine to avoid rim lock. Odd that they made the round with the rim ever-so-slightly larger than the casing.

View attachment 142816

This is THE PERFECT pocket pistol for you.
8 rounds of .32acp in a Colt 1903 that has the fit and finish of a Swiss watch.

Everything is rounded. It's thinner than anything made today. The slide feels like it's on ball bearings and it's very easy to rack.
They were made from 1903 till 1945 and everyone from Gen. George Patton to John Dillinger carried one.

Mine is from 1922 and it's pure class.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'll throw this out there since I've not seen it mentioned, Glock 43. Its my literal pocket gun. I bought a trigger cover on ebay and carry it with flat mags in my front pocket year round. Some mags hold 7 rounds due to magguts springs other hold up to 8 with minimal baseplat increase (like maybe 1/4"). Even with the plus 1 or plus 2 baseplates the gun is still covered by my hand. Yes I am quite a large fellow with large hands (6'1" with XXL hands).

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
My everyday pocket carry is M&P 9 compact in a Sticky holster. I have a LCP and carry it every so often but I don't enjoy shooting it. It is a good gun and has gone bang every time I pulled the trigger and I don't feel under gunned if that is all I am carrying. My LCP is 1st gen, I have heard the 2nd gen are better.

·
Forlorn Hope
429 Posts
I have a standard LCP and it's definitely not the gun you want to shoot all day at the range but it's an admirable carry piece.
I now actually enjoy shooting my standard LCP (Gen2). Much like you, I got the #13 recoil spring, a Pachmayr sleeve (somewhat easier to install than the Hogue, though it can slip), and have been running the Underwood Xtreme Defense 65 Grain (fairly comparable to the ARX). Additionally, I just picked up the M*CARBO Trigger Spring Kit, and it's brought the trigger down to a very pleasant 2.5lb pull. I agree that the ammo is more expensive, but Inceptor makes a reasonably priced 65 grain polycase round for practice.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I sold my LCP2 to my oldest son and bought a LCP II ( also bought one in .22 ). I find the II a bit easier to rack with the better serrations, and less harsh in recoil. Also like the slide hold back on empty.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts