Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But NO.

So this cop, Fernando Sanchez, in NJ is facing termination due to numerous instances of having sex while on duty including in his patrol car. This came to light while investigating another officer. Fernando was suspended without pay pending termination. Well, it's now at the final step and this is what they've come up with.

"Sanchez had argued that the city should have instead suspended him because he stopped having sex while on duty after investigators found out. He also tried to get back pay for the months he was on unpaid suspension before his termination."

I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Thankfully so is the judge - he's not real happy.

N.J. cop says he shouldn't be fired for sex on duty

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Does that surprise you Planeguy?

When was the last time you heard of a public official or public employee take responsibility for some dumba**ed move? Really?

I can't think of one and Massachusetts has almost as many public officials in prison or on home confinement as Illinois!

They get caught red handed and it always "people, places or things" that are at fault.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does that surprise you Planeguy?

When was the last time you heard of a public official or public employee take responsibility for some dumba**ed move? Really?

I can't think of one and Massachusetts has almost as many public officials in prison or on home confinement as Illinois!

They get caught red handed and it always "people, places or things" that are at fault.
Except of course for the ones who do take responsibility but never make the news.

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
By that "logic", if I stopped robbing banks after the FBI questioned me as a suspect, then I should get off with a warning?

As I read it, he's trying to argue that he shouldn't have known that having sex while on the job was wrong. After all, I doubt that their employee manual specifically states that it's against department policy.

I suppose the lawyer felt they had to give it a try...

Jim

·
Registered
644 Posts
Of maybe he had too many Subway Sandwiches. Or he could blame it on the strict physical fitness and grooming standards of the department, which made him irresistible to women, and he just got tired of fighting them off and succumbed to their advances.

Maybe I should be this guy's lawyer?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Born and raised in that town. Got out a year after the riots. The town went to hell. Was known as the Queen City.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
"Sanchez’s own illicit on-duty trysts were discovered while the Union County Prosecutor’s Office investigated the Woody case."

Well, duh!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts