Ruger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a Police Service-Six from the collection. Another tired pawn shop find, it had a functional but somewhat ugly Pachmayr grip that was replaced with the new Ruger walnut stocks shown. 1985 serial number, locks up tight with a real nice trigger.

Wave

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
VERy nice. Was the finish in that good of shape or did you polish it?

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Service Six

Great lookin' piece. Did you polish it with Mothers Mag or Flitz ??:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good looking revolver. Thanks for giving a wayward Ruger a good home.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Very, very nice.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
VERy nice. Was the finish in that good of shape or did you polish it?
It has been polished up a good bit. It's 27 years old and looked it at first. Dull, dirty and scratched up. There's some minor rash here and there but nothing jumps out at you. You have to look for it now.

Great lookin' piece. Did you polish it with Mothers Mag or Flitz ??:D
I like Mothers Mag for polishing and Flitz for cleaning/shining. But that's just the habit I've gotten into. They would both do the job either way I bet.

Good looking revolver. Thanks for giving a wayward Ruger a good home.
That's me - "Waveform's Home for Wayward Rugers"! That's the beauty of old Rugers - they're built like tanks so you can find a dirty, scruffy old Ruger and with a little spit and polish and some new grips and sights you have a real nice looking gun again that will last forever. I've stopped paying much attention to the new guns. I'm having too much fun prowling around for the cast-offs!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Wave

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Holy beautiful Batman, that's a damn pretty Six... One of the best Ruger made in my opinion.... Do not let Mesigne2 see it... He is the Six Daddy....

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
The Service Six is one of my very favorite Ruger firearms, and I have provided several beat down, tired and cosmetically challenged Service Sixes with good homes:)

Most I don't do much to besides a deep cleaning and new grips, I like to leave them with "character":)

·
Registered
318 Posts
That is an awesome looking SIX!!

Seriously nice job on the polish. Very nicely done.

I did the same to this six. Rugers tend to shine up very well

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That is an awesome looking SIX!!

Seriously nice job on the polish. Very nicely done.

I did the same to this six. Rugers tend to shine up very well

That's an awesome looking six yourself! I had to check my book - Security Six Model 717, GA-32? Adjustable sights on a 2 3/4" barrel - cool! Cool speedloaders too.

Rugers do polish up nice. I always liked nickel Colts and Smiths. I can't afford those so I keep polishing and polishing......

Wave

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That is a beautiful thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts