Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ogled a 2.75" fixed-sighted Police Service Six on consignment at about $250. The 2007 Std Cat. of Firearms lists these around $300 NIB, but says there's a premium on the fixed-sight round-butt models. Of course it doesn't give a percentage on the premium.

The gun wore a set of Pachmayers which covered the backstrap completely, so I can't say if it was square or round. It felt nice in the hand, tho a bit big for concealment, and a bit smaller than ideal for a house/IDPA revolver.
At $250 I was tempted, tho.

Does anyone have a round-butt service six picture? Is it a good deal?

-Daizee (holding out for a 3" SP101)

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,839 Posts
The Police Service-Six was only made in a square butt with fixed sights. $250 is a smokin' deal if it is in decent shape. Fjestad's Blue book of Gun Values shows $400 for the 357 Mag in 2 3/4" ,100% condition, $300 in 98%, and $250 in 95%. You won't find a better CCW for twice that price.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a .357.
I'd have to snake the bore and chambers before making a call on its condition (the shop is reputable and fair wrt such things)
Hmmmmm... and a SP101 *would* be twice the price.
*strokes chin*

-Daizee

·
Registered
244 Posts

Speed-six: fixed sights, round grip (Badger Boot Grips) Have the factories but haven't had 'em on in quite a while. This'uns .38 Spl.

·
Registered
239 Posts
buy it i have a 4" version

·
Registered
404 Posts
Buy it or you will regret passing on it at that price. You could sell it on gunbroker the next day and come out ahead.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bob F., that's gorgeous. I haven't been back to the gun shop since I saw it. If it were a round-butt like yours I'd be really sore if I missed it. I think that's better looking than the 3" GP100.

-Daizee

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, it's gone. :-(

saved me from spending the money, but the Six's were growing on me.

-Daizee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts