Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Squirrel Sniper 1st class
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after hours of rubbing and going from 400/600/800/1000 grit sandpapers and A LOT of stroking.....

i polished the slide on my p94 including the extractor and the end of the cross pin, i must say for just some sand paper and a little water, all came out pretty well..... i'll final polish it with some 1200 and then a polish wheel and some compound, well......

tell me what you think.....!

before.....

AFTER....!

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, it still needs some work, but it will look 10x better this weekend.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
that's purty shiny allright.........
ya gonna leave it as is or get'er re-blued for some type of corrison/rust resistance?

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's purty shiny allright.........
ya gonna leave it as is or get'er re-blued for some type of corrison/rust resistance?
i keep my guns with a light wipe of an oil rag, once it gets polished fully, i might just wax it and check it weekly, as it will be my CCW.....

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
check the automotive section of your local walmart and you'll find sandpaper up to 2200 grit.
cool will do this afternoon when i get off of work...

I dig it. It's so cool to be able to see your reflection in your firearm.
yeah, and i always have to be different, i like the looks i get at the range, esp with my 10/22, now it is just something else to get offers on....

you ought to see peoples faces when they are all shooting their pistols, and i walk in open my case, and assemble my 870 12ga, and blast one off, every one stops looks around the dividers, and wonders...." What the hell is he shooting over there.....? "

and of course i double tap the last two rounds faster than most of them can with their pistols, and i ALWAYS get the "i aint breaking into your house line...."

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok fella's i topped her off up to 2000 grit paper and got a mothers power ball mini and some polish and man is she bright.....

all in all this p94 came out really well, here is the trifecta of joy i have....

·
Registered
301 Posts
They both came out amazing. The 94 looks sharp. Did you do the 1911 as well or was it already like that?

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the 1911 was as a reference..... it is satin polished, not quite mirror like

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ah, I see what you're saying now. I saw that matte finish on it as well and assumed the satin was higher polished.

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks guys, i'll take some pics in the sun, you can really see the shine there....!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
do you have any problems over time maintaining the finish or dis-coloration problems polishing the carbon steel and leaving it "in the white"?

·
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
i haven't in the week or so it's been polished.... i might have misread somewhere that the slide is stainless, that is why the slide is black painted and not blued.....

if so, it should be good to go for a while and just re-polish it when the normal scratches from use pop up.

i used mothers all metal polish and seems to be doing well, only time will give a definite answer.

The P89-P94 frames are made from hard coated A356T6 aluminum alloy, the slides from 400-series stainless-steel, or chromemoly in blued models. P95 and P97 frames are made from polymer much like that of a Glock. Slides are made from high strength steel or from stainless steel as an option. Grips on pre-P95 models are made from polymer, and are built into the frame on the P95 and P97. The sights are dovetailed for a quick draw, and are marked with white dots for fast target acquisition.
Ruger's Web Site said:
Ruger P944, KP944 and KP944D pistols in .40 S&W caliber feature hard-coated A356T aircraft-quality aluminum alloy frames with proprietary Terhune Anticorro stainless steel slides or chrome-molybdenum steel slides on blued models

·
Registered
62 Posts
can't beat an 870 i shoot mine as fast as the guys with semi's and o/u's they are always amazed at how quick a pump can be in the right hands

by the way the pistols look great

1 - 20 of 42 Posts