Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i could polish the slide on my p94 would i have to clearcoat it or leave it alone i like the kimber eclipse look...if so what to use i dont want mirror finished more of a brushed? allso i would like foward slide serrations can be done?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Brandon, once you polish off the bluing from the surface, you'd have to keep it well oiled or it will start to rust (oxidize) on you. I think any 'clear coat' would comeoff (wear) in very little time as it doesn't hold up well on the Ruger Vaqueros and their 'BCC' finish. Maybe you could find a stainless slide to fit your gun??
If you like the 'finish' of stainless, you may try and contact Ron Mahovsky at mahovskymetalife.com. We used to have them apply their Metalife SS finish to many of the guns for customers in our shops over the years. I have also had them do some cylinders for us, to make them "look like" stainless. He may be able to have his gunsmith "cut" grooves/slots' in the sides of the slide for you too. Any machinist can do this , before you have the finish applied.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts