Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend who is an instructor out in Nevada said when I go my 10/22 Takedown to make sure and polish the feed ramp! Well, as you all know the feed ramp in on the magazine. Can you give me any tips on polishing the feed ramp on the magazine or how you do it? Or if you can do anything to the feed area on the barell?? Thanks Jeff

·
Registered
827 Posts
Why would you do this? Is the weapon malfunctioning in some way that makes you suspect a problem with the feed ramp?

If it ain't broke, don't break it by trying to fix a non-issue.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would you do this? Is the weapon malfunctioning in some way that makes you suspect a problem with the feed ramp?

If it ain't broke, don't break it by trying to fix a non-issue.
Since you asked, I have used the M-22 and CCI mini mag rounds in it and have had quite a few FTF problems and I don't know if it is just because the gun and Mags. are new or an issue?? I was told to try polishing the feed ramp.

·
Registered
827 Posts
That would seem to be atypical of a 10/22. But, all I know is that of all the common user "fixes" out there, polishing feed ramps seems to have inflicted more harm to more guns then any other, and without ever doing any good in most cases. It simply should never be necessary if the firearm and associated parts were assembled properly and to spec in the first place.

Since this is a new firearm, if the FTF issues continues and remain a common one, I'd be more inclined to contact Ruger about it and have the rifle checked out, and fixed as necessary, by them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would seem to be atypical of a 10/22. But, all I know is that of all the common user "fixes" out there, polishing feed ramps seems to have inflicted more harm to more guns then any other, and without ever doing any good in most cases. It simply should never be necessary if the firearm and associated parts were assembled properly and to spec in the first place.

Since this is a new firearm, if the FTF issues continues and remain a common one, I'd be more inclined to contact Ruger about it and have the rifle checked out, and fixed as necessary, by them.
Thank you for your advice gwnorth.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts