Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger has teamed up with PolyCase to provide new polymer ammo in 380acp and 40cal. This will make our carry guns even lighter. Anyone have experience with this ammo?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ruger has teamed up with PolyCase to provide new polymer ammo in 380acp and 40cal. This will make our carry guns even lighter. Anyone have experience with this ammo?
If I'm not mistaken it is 380 and 45.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I've heard lots of hype in the gun mags about this PolyCase ammo but haven't heard any real world experiences yet.
Interesting though...

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
wonder how expensive it is going to be I havnt seen any on the shelves around here yet
Judging from what the Polycase costs now it should be right around what the other's self defense specific ammo runs. Brownells has the Ruger brand 20 for $22.99 in 45ACP. So in the Critical Defense /PDX1 range. Polycase doesn't seem to make a range ammo line at this time.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Judging from what the Polycase costs now it should be right around what the other's self defense specific ammo runs. Brownells has the Ruger brand 20 for $22.99 in 45ACP. So in the Critical Defense /PDX1 range. Polycase doesn't seem to make a range ammo line at this time.
That does not sound bad at all I figured it would be more expensive

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tried some the other day thru my SR1911CMD. The ARX Inceptor ammo in 45 auto (brass case) shoots well. Same accuracy as other 45 ammo (ball and self defense). Brass comes out clean. Slightly less felt recoil. The "flutes" can be seen in the target, compared to the punched hole of ball ammo. No failures to feed, no failures to eject - no problems.

Internet reviews, ballistics gel videos, etc. look promising. I can attest that the ARX will shatter, and not ricochet, when hitting a solid like concrete. Ammo is apparently too new for any "real world" use reports, AFAIK. Actually, kinda fun to "show and tell" at the range since not too many folks have seen the ammo up close.

I've not seen any of the "poly" cased ammo so don't know about that. Brass works OK.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
I'll try it in my SR45, SR9 and 9c when it is available around here. Looks promising.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just finished reading the article in the Dec. issue of Guns & Ammo that pertains to the Polycase ARX Injection Molded bullets,
secured in a polymer case and soon to be available for marketing. They seem to think this round will be reliable in most pistols
and comparable to the terminal ballistics of most 9mm ammunition! I can't imagine a, Plastic Cartridge Case without at least a metal base to secure the primer. So does anyone know how it is made?
Plastic Guns....So why not Plastic Ammunition?

mb

·
Registered
24 Posts
With the introduction of Polycase's new Polymer cased .380 ammo, I am wondering if it can be shot in All .380 pistols? Some may not have fully supported chambers as in some cheaply made blowback designs. What is the danger of a K-Boom?

mb

·
Registered
89 Posts
I posted my experience and picture with the Poly ammo on the rugerpistolforum (elsie pea forum) "New 380 ammo offering from Ruger" post #43.

I called the Poly Ammo division of Ruger and explained my experience so they sent me a free box of ARX ammo to try. I'm going to give it another TEST but if it splinters and leaves residue in my 2 Lcp's like it did before I'm going back to brass ammo.

Others on the forum have had good results BUT the picture of my Lcp barrel speaks for itself. I'm a Fan of Ruger.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Ruger is showing availability of .380 and 45ACP, with .40 and 9mm to follow. I saw in Shooting Times, that they are developing rounds for .38 spl and 357 Mag. It also indicated that they have reverted to standard brass with only the bullets being copper/poly. That is also what it looks like in the Ruger Store. I am anxious to see how well they do. I hope to have some for revolvers, soon. This whole gun thing is moving toward perfection, in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts