1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
A fool and their money...?

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I have a friend - a dermatologist - who spends a couple days a month "erasing" tattoos from poor people who had past lapses in judgment. Portland seems to be full of "twenty-something's" who are covered in "ink"- I can't help wonder how they will feel about it when they're in their fifties. Or, for that matter, when they try to get a real job. Not too many people will want to take financial advice from someone whose arms, neck and eve face is covered with tattoos; it shows poor foresight.

Jim

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I have never met an artist that would not verify spelling. that would include the southern Italian dialect I have for one of mine, Latin as well as English. an eraser doesn't help stupid. carpe diem, momento vivere, momento mori.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
As a certified curmudgeon, I have not been happy about how popular tattoos have become in recent years. I'm not completely against an occasional small tattoo, tastefully done and strategically placed. OTOH, I can't count the number of instances in recent years when I've spied and admired an attractive young woman, only to have the illusion ruined by the presence of a bunch of ugly tattoos.

I try to be open-minded about such things, but this is something I've not been very successful about. A human tattoo "artist," no matter how talented he/she may be, cannot improve on what God made.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I'm interested in the young woman with the "firm chests" that get a tattoo on a breast of a beautiful butterfly...as time takes it's toll and the body sags and settles...that beautiful butterfly begins to look like a California Condor (buzzard).

Attachments

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
They can fix that tat with just a tiny bit more ink that says. Dictated but not read.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was captivated by the hypocrisy, I didn't arrive at worrying about spelling. A tattoo is a past decision that certainly makes future decisions. It can affect future jobs, future mates, your peer group, decisions about "well just one more tattoo", decisions about removing the tattoo, and the ever redeeming "what the hell was I thinking!". At least all old curmudgeons hope for that last one. I suspect somebody has a tat reading "I hate tattoos" but this one is right up there with that.

On a side note, I worked in North Dakota for a few years recently. There are so many tattoo wearing citizens that if you don't have one you are the odd ball. I met a computer programmer that had full body art that looked like he was wearing a short sleeve shirt. If tats become common enough, it won't affect job prospects at all.

I asked one older lady why she had a bird on the front of her shoulder. She said it reminded her of her dead daughter. I changed the subject but was thinking, "the daughter must have been very forgettable". That should tell you my opinion about tattoos.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It seems to me that this tattoo obsession (and before that the low-rider pants) with the young people came out of the prison culture. Why on earth would you aspire to look like a convicted felon??

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
After taking a much closer look at the tat, I believe there is a good possibility the image was photoshopped. If you look at all of the i's they all look alike except the one that should be an e. Also, the wrong i has the arc and spacing similar to that of the other e's. Lastly, the edges on the wrong i are softer than the rest of the lettering and have no glare. Not absolutely positive this image was shopped, but I'm inclined to think it was.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
When I was 20 several college friends got tattoos. They said I should get one. I said I may egret it if I got one but I would never regret not getting one. Old me is glad young me had good sense.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
And what's up with the commas? Wow, "epic fail" on so many levels. :eek:

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
After taking a much closer look at the tat...Not absolutely positive this image was shopped, but I'm inclined to think it was.
I started looking closely, then decided I kinda hope you're right but what difference does it make. Those type of tats are pretty stupid in any case, spelled correctly doesn't help much....

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I have to agree with Scorpio it doesn't look right.
I also agree with the rest as I don't care for tat-toos either. They were popular with soldiers and sailors in W.W.ll but then it was just a single name or picture or two.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
After taking a much closer look at the tat, I believe there is a good possibility the image was photoshopped. If you look at all of the i's they all look alike except the one that should be an e. Also, the wrong i has the arc and spacing similar to that of the other e's. Lastly, the edges on the wrong i are softer than the rest of the lettering and have no glare. Not absolutely positive this image was shopped, but I'm inclined to think it was.
I agree.
Something not quite right about that tat.

·
Registered
6,338 Posts
I'm interested in the young woman with the "firm chests" that get a tattoo on a breast of a beautiful butterfly...as time takes it's toll and the body sags and settles...that beautiful butterfly begins to look like a California Condor (buzzard).
I'Ve seen more than a few rose tattoos turn into long-stem roses due to gravity.

All those tramp stamp tats are gonna look funny after a couple of kids and 30 extra lbs.
It's interesting what a few stretch marks will do to a tattoo, as well.

Jim

1 - 20 of 43 Posts