Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though I would start a thread to tell positive dealings you have with people. We see and hear so many negative things that its easy to lose confidence in our fellow man.

Since I've started the weight loss program, I've been doing a lot more walking. The Post Office is a 1/2 Mile up the highway from my office with a sidewalk on the side of the highway. Just about every day that I walk to the Post Office, at least one person will stop and ask me if I need a ride. Guess I'm going to have to get a T-shirt that says "I want to walk". There are still a lot of caring People. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Last night on my way home I passed by a house and a lady is waving me down. She says " I see you come by all the time just would like to know who you are? And how many tomatoes would you like to take home with you? "

Ended up spending some time just talking and finding out we were both nice people.

tk

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you noticed how eager and quick the Members of this Board is to help someone that has a problem, and how the very knowledgeable Gunsmiths that we have also help? :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Have you noticed how eager and quick the Members of this Board is to help someone that has a problem, and how the very knowledgeable Gunsmiths that we have also help? :)
10-4 Calvin! I've found that if you're decent to people, even if they are cross with you or in a bad mood to start with, they usually settle down & become more friendly. Ever tried dealing with a fleet owner or a truck driver who's truck is broke down & he has to be half way across the country at 6:00 in the morning?

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Sure have Calvin - they just don't get any better than this group!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I work in the hospital and that means i have to deal with sick people who are at times annoyed, cranky. Most of the patients are nice to me if i treat them nice but of course there are a few that arent no matter how hard i try. Nevertheless i guess it all depends on the person. This forum is full of nice and helpful people. No complaints from me

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Now wait just one DOG-goned minute...(get back, RNettles) I ain't the normal, smelly, fleabag critter you're used to...I'll have you know Miss Molly gives me three quarters every month and I go to the carwash...ain't no fleas on me, no there ain't.....scratch...scratch, scratch....that's just dry skin...scratch.......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You know, when I first came to La. in 64, I got chiggers bigtime...remember my aunt picking them out...no that was redbugs...chiggers just bite and go, right? anyways, those critters used to tear me up...I haven't had a chigger bite, redbug, or tick, in almost 35 years...just mosquitos tear me up like crazy...and I can't hear them anymore so they hit me 3-4 times before the itch starts...once in a long while a flea from being somewhere where dogs are...but ours hasn't had 30 since we've had him...I think it's things in our body that attract critters...smells or something...I can get eaten up with mosquitoes...people around me not one bite...I'd love to find something that really kept them off electronically-tired of spraying down...anyone know something that works?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Long way off topic, aren't I!!! I mosey more in my old age...my truck popped a P.S. hose last week, and one end was SAE-the other was metric...and, wouldn't ya know it...one I didn't have...couldn't get it with a crescent-bought a set of crowfoots and that, being SAE, didn't get it...my work buddy came over and told me there was a size I was missing...didn't come in my set...an 18....he went home, brought one over, and 10 mins later it was done...as if that wasn't enough, the next day he called me over to his house, and presented me with two sets of Husky short open/box end wrenches-one metric...one SAE...and the 18 was included...said he'd bought him two and me two...now that's the kind of guy he is...old Marine tough as nails with a heart big as Texas...couldn't ask for a better man to stand beside...helps all the neighbors all the time...even the bad ones who aren't neighborly...gotta love him.....he's 67 and has old injuries...needs help with heavy lifting and I try to anticipate and be there for him...if I can't get the jump on him, he does it anyways...married a lady with 3 kids and raised them like his...plus his daughter...plus his son for awhile...never finished highschool and can't read...works circles around any other man young or old and made more money than most because he can turn the work out so fast and well...not bad for a best friend!!!!!!

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My Father-in-law is also my best friend. He is 83 and we have worked together since My wife and I married years ago. Never a unkind word from him and he is always helping his kids, grandkids, great grandkids, and anyone else that needs help. Several have taken advantage of his kindness, but he will come out winner in the long run. He is going to Church with the wife and I today, as he always does on Sunday. We go out and eat after Church. A Great Guy. :D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That kind of man leaves a hole in life when they go-we gotta become that kinda man to show our kids and grandkids how it oughta be...each generation SHOWS the next...telling isn't enough...great old men make a difference....

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Thank you guys for a thread that has really caused me to meditate and examine myself.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts