Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the experts......The guide rod that you see in chamber when bolt is locked to the rear has a bad spot close to the end....a very obvious groove worn into it....normal or an issue ?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Pictures would be very helpful if possible.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like it will need fixed .....just not sure why it would do this......it feeds and fires fine...

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would replace it but check the rest of the internals for damage as well. Looks like you may have had premature ignition of a round, have you notices any tiny pieces of brass in the chamber?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no noticeable issues while shooting it.....no brass in chamber.....second new Ruger that I will have to send back.....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ruger is sending me new guide rod to try and see what happens ??? must be some sort of issue already, they did not even question me.....

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Ruger is sending me new guide rod to try and see what happens ??? must be some sort of issue already, they did not even question me.....
That's just how good their CS is. They want us happy. It doesn't mean there's an "issue."

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Obviously there is an issue....If this was abnormal damage I would guess they would want to get it back so they could figure out why it happened ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts