Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be feasible to create a new category for discussion/comparisons of different firearms, such as comparing Ruger, Sig, S&W, etc. Would not be Ruger specific, but might be informative and fun.....:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd like to see the Ruger removed from the various forum titles...we all end up talking about Ruger vs S&W or Ruger Vs Colt, or nota Ruger but...just make the titles Pistol, revolver, rifle, etc...and let 'er fly...the posts don't evenly divide that well when you're comparing and contrasting....as for bashing, Ruger's been getting their share of the swats lately...and well earned.......

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
If we open the doors to all firearms, we will just be another forum of the 50 million forums about guns on the internet. There is no way I can compete with forums like THR, with over 4 million posts, by just being another gun forum. Our niche, and what brought us here together in the first place is Ruger firearms. While at THR, you can talk about anything, here you can talk to people who know and understand the Ruger. I don't want to lose our focus.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
If we open the doors to all firearms, we will just be another forum of the 50 million forums about guns on the internet. There is no way I can compete with forums like THR, with over 4 million posts, by just being another gun forum. Our niche, and what brought us here together in the first place is Ruger firearms. While at THR, you can talk about anything, here you can talk to people who know and understand the Ruger. I don't want to lose our focus.
I agree. How about a General Firearms discussion forum for non ruger discussions. We definitely don't want to lose the Ruger focus of the Board, but some might feel like they can't discuss non ruger guns in the ruger forums.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree .....let's not have a Ruger bashing thread. A 1911 site would be nice however, some 1911 people cannot intelligently discuss another manufacturer's product either. That is probably why they use "other guns" for a subject.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keith, I totally agree that the site does not want to loose focus on Rugers. I truely believe that Ruger makes the absolute best revolvers made.

I like the idea of a "General Firearms" discussion forum, as Calvin mentioned. He said it a lot better than my original request did. I'll admit, I have a deep admiration for Sig P series pistols, but I feel like I don't want to talk too much about them, because I don't want to "bash" Ruger pistols, (I hope I'm not being too confusing).

Anyway, if you decide not to, no problem, because I definately love this forum more than any other I visit, because everyone here knows the meaning of the word, "Gentlemen".....

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Let's reconsider this sometime in the near future. I especially don't want to make any changes until were smooth sailing with the forums.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
A "General Gun Section" would be good. It would be a place or us to discuss & show off our other brand firearms. BUT, the reason most of us are here is because this is the RUGER FORUM. We cannot & will not let anything change that fact. There are enough other good general gun forums around to take care of those things.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Right on!!!!

Don't ruin a GREAT forum!!!
If you want to talk 'bout Sigs, Colts, SAs, or :confused:, go to their site.
Lets keep this forum as it is! Rugers.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
I have added a "Non-Ruger Pistols & Revolver" forum since we have a "Non-Ruger Rifle" forum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.