Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post your Ruger Takedown targets here, please.

I think I've finally got my scoping of the takedown dilemma solved. I'll know tomorrow.

Anyway, how about we start posting some of the results we have with shooting the takedown.

This wouldn't be an Internet shooting match (too many or those around already :)) but rather a sharing of information which I think we all may find mutually beneficial.

I think we all know that individual firearms, even of the same make and model, can favor shooting differrent types of ammunition.

But if we post our results here we may find some "consensus" among our 10/22 takedowns of what kind of ammo they like and what they dislike.

Might be good to include type of ammo used, number of rounds, distance, whether a rest was used or not and anything else relevant like wind/weather conditions if it was outdoor shooting.

It just occurred to me that not everybody shoots at paper. I think it might be okay to post a picture of a squirrel or a rabbit. They're frequent targets too. If a moderator or administrator thinks this is a bad idea please just say so and I'm sure members will refrain.

I'll be posting some targets tomorrow. I'm taking 3 or 4 different types of ammo to the range.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Finally got to the range today.This particular Takedown is a honey. It's shoots more accurately than I ever anticipated it would.

My main concern was would it hold zero after disassembly and reassembly.

The answer is a resounding YES.

I tried it out with 5 different types of ammo on the first target you'll see, 5rds each. I used a little "sandbag" rest which is in the picture.

Everthing was shot at 25yds.

I also did a little adjusting of the scope on this first target but I was mainly looking for how well the ammo grouped.

As you can see, this particular Takedown decided it liked CCI Standard Velocity, 1070 fps, better than the other ammo. It was close with some of the others but it definitely liked the CCI Standard best.

The second target I completed the mostly done zeroing aspect (I know this scope well) and shot 10rds each of the CCI Standard Velocity.

The last target within the target is the one in the upper right hand corner. It was shot AFTER disassembly and reassembly. It seemed to shoot more accurately after the dissasembly and reassembly. I worked the action 5 times after I put it back together. I also took my time, watched my breathing and squeeeeeeeezed that trigger.

Man, I like this rifle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shot at 50 yds today.

All excpt the upper left were 5rds each for the corner targets. For some reason I only loaded 4rds in the mag first time, upper left target. At my age you'd think I could count.

Last 10rds were Mini Mags in the center target.

I have shot both the high(er) velocity CCI Stingers and Mini Mags through this rifle (Takedown) and the groups open up more. The rifle shoots better with CCI Standard Velocity.

I had a bad day shooting today, it was me, not the rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.