Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with this setup yet? Apparently with the power custom power match bolt and the second gen auto bolt stop the bolt will stay back on the last round without the use of a modified magazine. Sounds like a pretty sweet setup, wondering if it's worth the cash..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Apparently with the power custom power match bolt and the second gen auto bolt stop the bolt will stay back on the last round without the use of a modified magazine.
If that's all you want, all you need is the automatic bolt stop, not the bolt in addition. They are worth the money if they fit your needs, if not, buy ammo.

Jeff

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's all you want, all you need is the automatic bolt stop, not the bolt in addition. They are worth the money if they fit your needs, if not, buy ammo.

Jeff

To my knowledge you need modified mags for the auto bolt stop to work.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The CST auto bolt stop is designed to work with standard magazines. But, as far as I know, it's the only part needed, you don't need the Power Custom bolt. Could be wrong, I've never installed it, but even CST's sight seems to indicate it's all you need.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
The CST auto bolt stop is designed to work with standard magazines. But, as far as I know, it's the only part needed, you don't need the Power Custom bolt. Could be wrong, I've never installed it, but even CST's sight seems to indicate it's all you need.

Jeff
Acturally CST's site say the following:

"The 2nd generation CST Auto Bolt Stop functions with the new Power Custom Match Bolt providing the world's only last shot bolt hold open function for 10/22 rifles. Unlike the original version, the 2nd Generation Auto Bolt Stop will provide a last shot bolt hold open function for the 10/22 without the need of a modified magazine, and will allow the use of the popular Ruger BX-25 high-capacity magazines. "

But then it adds:

"The Power Custom Match Bolt incorporates unique features that allow the CST 2nd Gen Auto Bolt Stop to function, (factory bolts and all other aftermarket varieties do not have the correct design features). Although Power Match Bolts are sold individually and are fully compatible with factory configured 10/22's, they are designed with correct clearances and a special pocket along the bottom, both features allowing the function of the new CST 2nd Gen Auto Bolt Stop and finally providing a last shot hold open feature without the need of modified magazines. "

To me that's pretty clear it only works with the power custom bolt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at the picture in the CST website, it appears the only difference is the hole milled into the bottom of the bolt for the lever to catch into.
I think I may pick up the lever assembly from Brownell's and have a go at one of my factory Ruger bolts. What do I have to lose?
I love having LRBHO (last round bolt hold open) in all my guns.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Interesting does it allow easy pull and release with a mag change? Approximate numbers to get these mods done in parts bill? Does the bolt at the same time close up head spacing to provide a 2 for 1 benefit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Anyone ever get the CST parts? Looking to build one from scratch and want a metal receiver to start with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts