Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've commenced a Single Six .22 project on an adjustable sight SS gun I found a few years ago.
Shortening the barrel to the Lipsey spec and ridding the gun of the lawyer's warning was on my initial modification schedule.
Midway birthday'd me a genuine Ruger Bird'shead frame for $75, so I've taken to crafting it into the mix, and have since learned that Power Custom has produced a Bisley 1/2-cock hammer kit to fit the .22/.32 guns.
Does anyone have any experience with those Power Custom parts?
Will the hammer function with the Ruger birdy grip frame? or will it require some accommodation?
The kit is provided with a Vaquero style of trigger, so the lack of the Bisley-frame trigger window isn't an issue, I guess.

Can one expect to handle/shoot a birdy gripped revolver that sports a Bisley hammer and not experience a problem with the web of the hand when the hammer is cocked ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I can only speak to the overall quality of their parts and their SA kit parts more specifically.
Which I have in previous posts, far above standard Ruger parts quality, and should be for the price difference but the functionality is there too.
I have not yet had a reason to call them, but have been told by others that they are willing to answer questions like this,
so if no one else chimes in, maybe contact them directly.
You are asking very logical, but also very specific questions, another thing I would mention, Ron Power himself
shows how to install many of his parts on You-Tube, I have found watching his video's very informative.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realized after writing this post that Grand Masters is in Missouri so I'll give them a call in the coming week to learn what I can. I will come back here and report the results from that conversation.
I watched one of those videos linked @ a Midway product page for free-spin pawls I think, and though well produced, it seemed to have been geared toward a seasoned file & fit man.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts