Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the choice of power tool you would like to have....I prefer porter cable.

·
Banned
298 Posts
hitachi air tools, dewalt cordless, bosch power tools.

Not that I have developed any preferences......

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Used...pawn shop...Dewalt, Porter Cable, Rigid...Skil for skilsaw....I've gotten all my tools at 1/3 or 1/4 of new price and never got a bad one...Milwaulkee for 1/2" drill, hammer drill, or sawzall....

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Used...pawn shop...Dewalt, Porter Cable, Rigid...Skil for skilsaw....I've gotten all my tools at 1/3 or 1/4 of new price and never got a bad one...Milwaulkee for 1/2" drill, hammer drill, or sawzall....
Same here! The local Pawn Shop is my # 1 source for tools.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Did not know that about DeWalt...but I've bought 10 or more and only trouble was one transmission...would jump out of drive....found out it was cheaper to dump it and spend another $35 on the same model almost new....love their rechargeable 12V...

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
back in the seventies...skill made the best worm drive saw that was available in the south.....I now have a milwaukee that will put the makitas on the side of the road. rockwell used to put out a good tool.....back then. Better to rebuild the old ones if you can.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have an awful lot of "SHOP" power tools, & most of the time they work great. Also, the prices are usually lower on any given item.

OH, by the way, that is spelled :

Second
Hand, from
Other
People

·
Registered
174 Posts
Home: Makita/DeWalt

Work: Milwaukee

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
mrb...yup on the worm drive saw----for you...I got ahold of one one time...just one time....I'm more of a 5450 kinda guy..have 4 now...I've built 2-3 houses with those 25$ wonders before they gave out...hate a heavy saw....still buying them and the red ones for $30-got a laser-equuipped one for $35 this week....gotta try it out....almost half the weight of a commercial model and fine if you don't drop it off the roof....I'm waiting for a GOOD battery-operated one that will run a few 2x6 before pooping out...don't need the cords at my stumbling age....so far, I haven't found a strong one....anyone???

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mrb...yup on the worm drive saw----for you...I got ahold of one one time...just one time....I'm more of a 5450 kinda guy..have 4 now...I've built 2-3 houses with those 25$ wonders before they gave out...hate a heavy saw....still buying them and the red ones for $30-got a laser-equuipped one for $35 this week....gotta try it out....almost half the weight of a commercial model and fine if you don't drop it off the roof....I'm waiting for a GOOD battery-operated one that will run a few 2x6 before pooping out...don't need the cords at my stumbling age....so far, I haven't found a strong one....anyone???
havnt heard of a cordless circular that would hold out for framin....they do purdy good for trimmin though. gave my son a combo kit that has the cir. saw in it. he loves it. gotta be careful with the worm drive.....they dont stall out......they run back on ya!!!!!

·
Count Ursunk
3,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
41magnum....I need to look into gettin some SHOP tools.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have an awful lot of "SHOP" power tools, & most of the time they work great. Also, the prices are usually lower on any given item.

OH, by the way, that is spelled :

Second
Hand, from
Other
People

Especially when purchased at a yard sale.

Gumby

1 - 20 of 21 Posts