Ruger Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1299 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
My 89 year old mother had a massive heart attack yesterday. For her age they had little to work with as she also had kidney and liver damage. She died this morning. My mother was said by a high school friend that she was the kindest and sweetest person they had ever met. She was my best friend. Glad I had her in my life all these years. Now I have to tell my 98 year old father that his wife of 72 years has left us.

Stoble
So sorry to hear this, but it sounds like she had a good life. Your father didn't know?

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,636 Posts
My 89 year old mother had a massive heart attack yesterday. For her age they had little to work with as she also had kidney and liver damage. She died this morning. My mother was said by a high school friend that she was the kindest and sweetest person they had ever met. She was my best friend. Glad I had her in my life all these years. Now I have to tell my 98 year old father that his wife of 72 years has left us.

Stoble
Prayers and best wishes to you and your family. Take care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers. I lost my 22yr old son in 2015 and it is hard when loved ones pass on. Be safe and take care of your father. I feel for you today and wish you the best.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
My 89 year old mother had a massive heart attack yesterday. For her age they had little to work with as she also had kidney and liver damage. She died this morning. My mother was said by a high school friend of mine that she was the kindest and sweetest person they had ever met. She was my best friend. Glad I had her in my life all these years. Now I have to tell my 98 year old father that his wife of 72 years has left us.

Stoble
Please take care. Don't stop hugging your dad.

·
Registered
9,168 Posts
Prayers and best wishes to you Stoble.
Woodsey, you are also in my prayers!

·
Registered
16,998 Posts
My 89 year old mother had a massive heart attack yesterday. For her age they had little to work with as she also had kidney and liver damage. She died this morning. My mother was said by a high school friend of mine that she was the kindest and sweetest person they had ever met. She was my best friend. Glad I had her in my life all these years. Now I have to tell my 98 year old father that his wife of 72 years has left us.

Stoble
Praying for comfort, peace and healing for your family, and for protection for those traveling for the service.

·
Count Ursunk
3,268 Posts
Sad news for sure. But be joyful for the reunion one day. Take care Stoble and God bless you and your loved ones.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Just had the funeral on Wed. 10th and it has been rush, rush, phone calls, texts, and emails. There is no time to deal with the emotions as everything is going so fast. I think about her and realize she is gone so no more calls or visits. The person in the casket looked nothing like my mother so I can just focus on her living image. I have her voice on my phone's voice mail which I will also record elsewhere to save. She was a card sender and I have a ton from her. To read her writings to me are really difficult! Always positive, always caring, always supportive, always in love with me her son. I was so lucky to have her as my mother. I thank God for this great blessing to have had such a sweet Christian mother.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Just had the funeral on Wed. 10th and it has been rush, rush, phone calls, texts, and emails. There is no time to deal with the emotions as everything is going so fast. I think about her and realize she is gone so no more calls or visits. The person in the casket looked nothing like my mother so I can just focus on her living image. I have her voice on my phone's voice mail which I will also record elsewhere to save. She was a card sender and I have a ton from her. To read her writings to me are really difficult! Always positive, always caring, always supportive, always in love with me her son. I was so lucky to have her as my mother. I thank God for this great blessing to have had such a sweet Christian mother.
I to had a great mother like yours Stoble. I feel like we both have a lot in common. Prayers go out for you and your Father. Thanks and Prayers go out to all.

·
Exalted One
1,691 Posts
Stoble and Woodsey: Been there, and words can't begin to describe your pain and loss.

Just consider that the pain and loss of your beloved mothers would never be were you not blessed to have them in your life.

May your tears of grief be eventually replaced by those of gratitude that you knew them at all. You wouldn't miss them if you never knew or had them in your lives. It took me years to fully realize that.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,636 Posts
Stoble and Woodsey, sorry for your loss. My prayers and thoughts go with you and yours! We lost our son in 2015 and no words can I come up with other than take care of yourself and keep them alive with the loving memories that you do have. Take care of yourself now that there may be others that need you now!

·
Registered
8,517 Posts
Need all the prayers I can get.

My prayers go out to the recently departed and their families.

This Monday I go in for a liver operation to take out 3 cancerous spots. I have stage 4 liver cancer. My doctors tell me they can get all 3 spots out and there is no sign that the cancer has spread. Three months ago I had a bowel recession to take care of colon cancer.I have had 6 como sessions 6 more to go.
I was never big on prayers. Never even a fox hole prayer after 2 Purple Hearts in Nam. But I am very scared, and hope asking for your prayers now it is not to late to start believing in the powder of prayer.

Thank you and Happy Trails.

Ralph

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Ralph, prayers for successful surgery and recovery for you and to give you peace and comfort in your anxiety. No, it is never too late.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,636 Posts
Will keep you in our prayers and I hope for the best for you and your loved ones. Never too late for prayer believe me. God speed Ralph and "Happy Trails"...!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Hey Ralph. Glad to see you here! The thief on the cross developed his relationship with Jesus when he was being put to death. Even then, Jesus let him know they would be together forever. Never too late for you. This would be a great time for you to become saved if you never have! God wants a relationship with you and serious problems are a way for us to come to Him. Prayer then becomes how we talk to God on a regular basis. I would not want to go another day without knowing God personally. I am sure there are some people you know that can led you.
I am near Hickory, what area of the woods are you?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ralph : Your in my prayers my friend. Anything and Everything through Christ Jesus. There by the Grace of God go yea. And also I would like to send out a Big round of Thanks to All for Thoughts and Prayers.

1241 - 1260 of 1299 Posts