Ruger Forum banner

1281 - 1297 of 1297 Posts

·
Count Ursunk
3,254 Posts
Amen. And may God bring wisdom to the medical teams to rid the world of this killer that has raised it's head.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,581 Posts
+1 mrb, Prayers to all impacted by this pandemic.
*My family and I wish and pray for all forum members as well.
*Our prayers also continue for Nam Vet and his family. After 3 major surgeries myself I know how hard it can be and wish him only the best! Keep your powder dry Nam Vet and take care as much as you can. Prayers to you sir and from a older new shooter I thank you for all of your support in my journey.
*God Speed All Of You!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
It’s been awhile since I been here. In first part of Oct I hurt my back. Compressed disc. The Dr. said I would have to get a bar in my back. I told him no. Went to physical therapy and felt a lot better but I had a lot of slop in my joints. The doctor gave me an epidural he irritated nerve in my left leg. And I’ve had pain for four months. Could you pray for me please

·
Exalted One
1,665 Posts
About the only other gun forum I know of that has a forum Chaplain and a prayer thread is FireArmsTalk. Good to see this one.

Tarza, had back surgery in 1994: L4/L5 discectomy (this was from a compression of that disk on New-Year's Day 1990). Was scheduled for surgery in the fall of 1990, but then that Desert Shield/Storm thingy came about and my surgeon/neurologist was deployed on a hospital ship. I played off the scheduled surgery as I volunteered to deploy (from a position that would have never sent me - instructor). I loaded up with Mortin and was able to deploy and contribute to the war effort in-country (although it was in the relative safety of the 3rd Army HQs). My stuffed duffel bag made for a fine leg rest, and I "deployed" with a heating pad...

For the surgery four years later: no bars, just removal of the degenerative disk (that they could get to) and let scar tissue fill in the void. This was after a steroid injection (twice) that was absolute agony and didn't do a thing except give me increased pain for a week or two after the injections. Walter Reed did the deed, and the head of their neurology department did the cutting. There had been some internal professional competition about scar size. Mine was 1"!!!.

When I returned to work at the Pentagon a month later, my boss remarked I looked ten years younger! It's been a winner for the past 26 years!

Hang tough! Properly done, a simple discectomy doesn't need to be that difficult. Get a second opinion for such serious and irreversible surgery. On the other hand, a good friend had a few discs in his neck removed (same degenerative issue) but they put some steel bars in there. Five years later, he is doing fine. Every person, surgeon, condition, and procedure is "different". Just like Mini-14s...

·
Count Ursunk
3,254 Posts
We have an awesome Heavenly Father in the operating room. Good news indeed.

·
Registered
435 Posts
It’s been awhile since I been here. In first part of Oct I hurt my back. Compressed disc. The Dr. said I would have to get a bar in my back. I told him no. Went to physical therapy and felt a lot better but I had a lot of slop in my joints. The doctor gave me an epidural he irritated nerve in my left leg. And I’ve had pain for four months. Could you pray for me please
Good luck, Tarza. You are in prayer for relief of pain and strength. I pray you receive relief quickly.

Bayou52

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Thank you for your kindness- it’s written the Squeaky door gets the oil

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
About the only other gun forum I know of that has a forum Chaplain and a prayer thread is FireArmsTalk. Good to see this one.

Tarza, had back surgery in 1994: L4/L5 discectomy (this was from a compression of that disk on New-Year's Day 1990). Was scheduled for surgery in the fall of 1990, but then that Desert Shield/Storm thingy came about and my surgeon/neurologist was deployed on a hospital ship. I played off the scheduled surgery as I volunteered to deploy (from a position that would have never sent me - instructor). I loaded up with Mortin and was able to deploy and contribute to the war effort in-country (although it was in the relative safety of the 3rd Army HQs). My stuffed duffel bag made for a fine leg rest, and I "deployed" with a heating pad...

For the surgery four years later: no bars, just removal of the degenerative disk (that they could get to) and let scar tissue fill in the void. This was after a steroid injection (twice) that was absolute agony and didn't do a thing except give me increased pain for a week or two after the injections. Walter Reed did the deed, and the head of their neurology department did the cutting. There had been some internal professional competition about scar size. Mine was 1"!!!.

When I returned to work at the Pentagon a month later, my boss remarked I looked ten years younger! It's been a winner for the past 26 years!

Hang tough! Properly done, a simple discectomy doesn't need to be that difficult. Get a second opinion for such serious and irreversible surgery. On the other hand, a good friend had a few discs in his neck removed (same degenerative issue) but they put some steel bars in there. Five years later, he is doing fine. Every person, surgeon, condition, and procedure is "different". Just like Mini-14s...
I want to thank you for your prayers. I pray everyday. He will take the pain away. I have learned patients and just get thru 1 day at a time. But it’s hard when you hurt.

·
Exchequer
4,435 Posts
I want to thank you for your prayers. I pray everyday. He will take the pain away. I have learned patients and just get thru 1 day at a time. But it’s hard when you hurt.
Glad to see you're back with us again. Heartfelt wishes that you continue to heal and that every day brings more relief from your pain.

·
Exalted One
1,665 Posts
Thank you for your kindness- it’s written the Squeaky door gets the oil
Tarza, there is an old saying in the Army (and likely other places):
"The squeaky wheel gets the oil; if it continues to squeak, it gets replaced"...:)
No hidden suggestion here, just wanted to get the metaphor correct. Glad things worked out!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Guys this isn’t the place to tell tall tails. My leg is no longer numb. When I hurt I can walk for 15 min. Then do my Exercises. I really feel so much better. I thank God and thank you for your prayers.

1281 - 1297 of 1297 Posts