Ruger Forum banner

Pre-151 Security-Six

259 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Rustyaa55
Back in the day a friend of mine purchased this 4" Security-Six new. He loaded his own ammo and like them HOT. After a disastrous first marriage, he found himself in financial hard time and was forced to sell it. I did not have the coins to buy it, I was also undergoing rough financial times, but my father did have the money ($100) and bought it. My dad never fired a single round though it. My buddy had tossed the original grips and made a set of "target" grips out of a 2 x 4, and they looked like it. My dad purchased a set of Hogue grips and tossed the 2 x 4 grips. It sat that way until I inherited it when my father passed. When I bought it I tried to install a set of factory grips from my Stainless Steel Security-Six (made in 1981). That's when I found out Ruger had changed the frame sometime around the 152-XXXXX serial number range. After a long and hard search I managed to find a set of factory grips. This Security-Six has been a great shooter (I was afraid my friend had shot it loose) and I still occasionally will use it as my CCW.

Grumpy

Trigger Gun barrel Air gun Gas Gun accessory

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood
See less See more
  • Love
Reactions: 5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Lovely!
I like it.

Greg
Reactions: 2
Nice! I love Security Sixes (and Speed Sixes)
Reactions: 3
Yup, those old Security Six revolvers are the :poop:!
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Sweet Ruger. Love the entire Six lineup. Still keep a lookout for any in Stainless. The factory wood grips are my choice and shoot the best for me.
Congratulations on such a great Ruger.
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts