Ruger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an American rimfire and was really taken with it. I'm an OK marksman at best, but I shot this rifle better than I could believe. I Like it so much I stuck it in a Boyd's stock. A very sweet trigger--light, crisp, no creep. I thought if this is the sports model, the precision must be better, so I bought one. I cannot shoot it nearly as well as the American rimfire. A creepy, crunchy trigger that seems heavier than the American. I have put about 300 rounds through it with no noticeable improvement. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to improve this trigger?

· Registered
77 Posts
I bought an American rimfire and was really taken with it. I'm an OK marksman at best, but I shot this rifle better than I could believe. I Like it so much I stuck it in a Boyd's stock. A very sweet trigger--light, crisp, no creep. I thought if this is the sports model, the precision must be better, so I bought one. I cannot shoot it nearly as well as the American rimfire. A creepy, crunchy trigger that seems heavier than the American. I have put about 300 rounds through it with no noticeable improvement. Am I missing something? Is there something I can do to improve this trigger?
The best medicine that will fix the less desirable Ruger Precision rimfire trigger, is a TIMNEY. Have you tried adjusting yours yet? Over time it will smooth out a little.
Luckily, (for my wife an i) i can fix most any OEM triggers we have, i turned both of our Ruger Precision rimfire trigger`s into nice decent triggers. (nice to be able to save money)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts