Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Picture of the breast cancer survivors who ran/walked the Especially For You 5K race in Cedar Rapids Iowa a couple of weeks ago... Picture taken (not by me) from rooftop of cancer center and then "photo shopped" to make the background all one color

My wife is a two year survivor and is in the picture somewhere

Anyone else running/riding/supporting breast cancer awareness/cure this month?

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
My wife and I have been battling her colo-rectal cancer for 2 years and it is one of the most common cancers yet no one ever mentions it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Glad to hear about your wife, Jlandis. Sorry to hear about yours, bwinters.

FYI, Freedom Munitions has a promotion this whole month sponsoring breast cancer awareness.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
There's more money to be made in breast cancer research. Colo-rectal cancer research isn't as "flashy" and can't bring in donations of the same magnitude or as quickly as breast cancer can..........unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's cancer. I just sent up a prayer for her to the Great Physician.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife and I have been battling her colo-rectal cancer for 2 years and it is one of the most common cancers yet no one ever mentions it.
Gotta' beat those cancers (all of them)... somehow, someday...

Lost my sister two years ago to uterine cancer and my mother is in hospice with pancreatic cancer... My wife's breast cancer recovery journey has been a tough one

Best wishes and prayers to you, bwinters, as caregiver, and of course to your wife and to her health care providers

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I hear the "celebrities" speak of finding a cure for aids most often. that disease has never touched my family. cancer, on the other hand, has given us death and suffering many times over. a cure for this horrible disease in all it's forms should be priority number one.
God bless and heal all the victims.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts