Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
This is one one been tracking for a while since the blued 1756 was discontinued. The 1740 is $620 all day long on Gunbroker but then you have to pay shipping and FFL. Best price I've seen is $594 at KGC but currently out of stock. I figure if you can get out the door for $650 or a littlle more you're doing good.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Hello, it's been a few years since I purchased mine, but I'd guess the going price now is in the $650 range. I checked Davidson's Gallery of Guns- it's a Davidson's exclusive - and they have them in stock now. If you haven't used the Gallery of Guns website, you can check prices at their affiliated dealers in your area. Contact the shop near you with a good price, and maybe you can get them to reduce the fees quoted by the Gallery of Guns.

Here's the link: www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

There are several threads on here regarding the 5 inch, here's a recent one:

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-double-action/124453-ruger-1740-gp100-357mag-5ss-hb.html

Good luck, I'm sure you'll like it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My local guy wants $660 out the door
includes everything tax - fees..............
-- & that'll be on my CC -- ( not cash )

so I guess - its gonna be a go for me

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Yeah that's not too bad. Probably $640 if you can pay with a check.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I got my 5" GP100 through Gallery of Guns last winter. It was just under $650 OTD.

I had been renting a 4" frequently and then met a guy at the range who had the 5" and let me shoot it. I had to have one. Went home and ordered that day. Price didn't matter. This is one that I will never part with.

·
Banned
650 Posts
The special models through Davidsons are not that bad. I would check to see if Bud's has the gun for less. Bud's is owned by the same company as Davidsons. A regular 6" stainless is $574 at Grabagun. Locally that gun is over $700. One kitchen table FFL has it for Total: $668.06. The guy that runs the kitchen table FFL always beats any of the LGS if you are patient.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am happy that quite a few of you were able to find what you were looking for through your local Davidson's dealers!

I just noticed OldCrow's post and wanted to mention that Davidson's and Bud's aren't actually owned by the same company.

That would be pretty cool though...even more guns :)

Jessica Tucker
Marketing
Davidson's Inc.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I am happy that quite a few of you were able to find what you were looking for through your local Davidson's dealers!

I just noticed OldCrow's post and wanted to mention that Davidson's and Bud's aren't actually owned by the same company.

That would be pretty cool though...even more guns :)

Jessica Tucker
Marketing
Davidson's Inc.
You need to pass that along to North Raleigh Guns. They will not do transfers for Buds because they say Buds and Davidsons are the same company. It makes no difference to me. I just quit doing business with North Raleigh Guns. If they are going to dictate who they will accept transfers from I dictate I cannot spend any more money there.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Looking forward to pictures of the new 5 in bbl Ruger when you get it. You will not be disappointed in it. I've owned mine for over 4 years now, and it's become my favorite revolver.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will be picking it up this week either Wednesday or Thursday.

I settled for my local guy -- $619 price plus tax...... , out the door, 659
which is in a not too bad spot - price wise.....

gunbroker has them for about 619
-- then plus ship
-- then transfer fee...........

so --- right in there
- no waiting
- and supporting for my local guy

will post pics when arrived! ---
with them purty chigsgrips from chad

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Good deal. Looking forward to seeing it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Now you have done it

Looking at this thread I went to Gun Genie and as it turns out a local GS has one for $580 out the door. I have a 3 inch and a four inch, looks like a 5 inch is in my future. Need to get a holster as well. Local gun club has IDPA matches but the rules are loosely applied, so a 5 inch will work. Nice thread.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Digging it! :cool: The grip panel on the left is more my style. Enjoy!

@Ozark: $580 OTD?!? You better jump on that!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Looking at this thread I went to Gun Genie and as it turns out a local GS has one for $580 out the door. I have a 3 inch and a four inch, looks like a 5 inch is in my future. Need to get a holster as well. Local gun club has IDPA matches but the rules are loosely applied, so a 5 inch will work. Nice thread.
Better get THAT NOW!!!!!!

That price is less than my local GS cost

that price is from about 2 years ago........

HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Better get THAT NOW!!!!!!

That price is less than my local GS cost

that price is from about 2 years ago........

HURRY HURRY HURRY!!!
Tried to go on Gun Genie to re-check and it would not connect. On the site if I remember it said your price and one of the boxes said no fees. Hmmmm. Have to take a trip and find out more details. I got excited. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts