Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the market for a NEW MK III SS Target Competition
6 7/8 (Slabside).
I've done a little homework on price via the normal routes but I'd like some input from the "faithful" here.
I'm not necessarily expecting the "brother-in-law special" price but I'm not interested in the "Ben Dover" price either.

What can I realistically expect? What's reasonable?

Thanks folks!

SD

<moved by Keith Smith to Rimfires>

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
check out gunbroker.com
Just be sure to compare a few to see the average going price, I have noticed some people on gunbroker ask ridicules prices.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I would say the going rate is between $375 and $400 in my area. A local dealer here sold one last week that was marked at $399 negotiable but I don't know the actual selling price.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please excuse me for originally posting in the wrong forum. Newbie mistake!
Thanks for the input so far.
I designated the MKIII icon in anticipation of acquiring one of these shooters when originally registering here.
Therefore,I have little choice now but to follow through and make this purchase or run the risk of being considered less than accurate based on my representations in my signature.
Consider it done..... first thing in the morning!
Thanks folks!

SD

·
Registered
377 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

You can get one over the Internet for around 400. I would go to the local dealers and try to buy one for 400. or less.
That's right on and I am lucky enough to have a local dealer that is always real close (or better!) than online prices. :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
The Ruger website lists the KMKIII678GC for $555.00 (MSRP), Davidison (in my area) is btwn $404 to $512. Rugers seem to sell for about $150 below MSRP.

If you go to an auction site like BG, remember to include S/H/I and FFL transfer fees are part of your total cost.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have found that if I get a reasonable price on the internet, I can go to my local dealer and get a similar price. I then offer the local dealer the same price as on the internet.

·
Banned
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took your advice KP97DC! I struck a deal with my local shop who turned out to be very much "in the ballpark" considering Jim D's post.
Now just the waiting game and a suitable red dot!

Thanks all!

SD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts