·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just seen the 2008 catalog.

Examples.......

Ruger .44 mag Alaskan....2007 website price =$899/2008 catalog=$963
GP100 SS 6 inch........2007 website...$635/2008 catalog...$660
also it looks like Hogue Grips on GP100 new models for 2008.

New Blackhawk .357 blued 4 5/8 barrel...2007 ...$495/2008...$525

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I've about decided to stay in the used market-the new ones don't reflect my income...and I feel like I'm supporting their hare-brained ideas of what we oughta have instead of giving us what most of us want....I'll buy from the good old days and leave the "stunningly innovative" for others....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
+1 to sheepdog. I find a good used gun at a fratcion the cost to be more in line with my budget. Don't want no stinkin' locks neither.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow,

SRH's are getting a bit rich for my blood. It was hard for me to pay $460 for my NIB 480 Ruger SRH in 2003. I could pay up to $700 for one, but that is the absolute top I would pay for one, and they are selling for almost that much now.

I really want a 480 Alaskan, but it is hard for me to justify more than $650 for one.

Charlie

·
Registered
102 Posts
My truck is paid off next month. A couple of those payments can easily buy me a couple more toys.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well as of this afternoon their website shows the new prices and other changes. I have been searching for the Blackhawk convertible BN36X, 357/9mm with rosewood grips. Today the site says it’s discontinued!And the rubber grip model BN36XL is up to $599!

·
Registered
405 Posts
The used market around here is pretty sparse. The problem with Rugers are that people don't seem to want to get rid of them, darn it.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Here in CT the used market is a buyer's paradise as Ruger is a working class gun and not enough snob appeal for most folks here. Me I just enjoy the cherry picking. Now when it comes to the Ruger .22's that's one they don't let go of, but all the rest are in the shops in abundance.

Kimber, H&K, Para, the XD's and Glocks, and the Sigs, are the too die for nameplates. Ruger is so ghetto, or *******, depending on your persuasion, gotta love'em. LOL

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've heard Rugers called alot of things,but this is the first time I've ever and I mean ever heard Rugers described as ghetto!!! LOL They are definitely "da bomb". !!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I be snoopin' 'round the ghetto lookin' for a good deal....if it don't burn my paws, it's mine!!!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
To give you younger guys an idea of where this is going, my first Ruger Blackhawk cost $87.50. My first Super Blackhawk was $125. Of course that was two weeks pay!

·
Banned
723 Posts
quote:To give you younger guys an idea of where this is going, my first Ruger Blackhawk cost $87.50. My first Super Blackhawk was $125. Of course that was two weeks pay!
Yup, back a few years it was suppossed to hurt to buy a gun. Now it's less than a weeks pay for me. Of course I'm talking gross, not net. ;)

Biker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts