Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would the going price of a LNIB Stainless Speed Six in 9mm all stock ... it has a 2 3/4" barrel... Thanks for any info

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
These are going up in value every day, and GunBroker is a crap shoot...........you get two people in a pi$$ing contest and I could see a LNIB 9mm Speed Six go for $1,000+.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just bought one last week. It is in excellent condition with 12 half moon clips, original manual and box which has a ruger label on the lid instructing the use of 9mm with or without using the half moon clips. I paid $700. Alot, maybe, but I have been looking for awhile.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
It isn't going to be cheap no matter what.

I bought both a 2" and 3" SP101 9mm and since purchased about a year ago on Gunbroker I have been watching the pricing on other SP101 9mm auctions and have noticed that the prices have gone up from $600-700 to around $750-$1000.

Good luck. I love my 9mm revolvers and the extra cash spent on the guns has already been recouped in ammo costs of 9mm over 38SPCL or 357Mag.

Don't worry about moon clips either. They are not a hassle and are extremely easy to reload.

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
I'd pay $700 for one in a heartbeat, but have never had any luck finding one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I paid $650 for mine a few months ago in GunBroker. It came with seven half-moon clips and an ugly Hogue Monogrip (which I replaced immediately with the original wood, for $35 more). So I probably should figure the total at $685, plus shipping and FFL. The most I've ever paid for a single firearm, and I'm very happy with the purchase. I'm wearin' it right now in a saddle brown Don Hume H715-M WCS IWB with an additional six rounds in half-moon clips in the watch pocket of my jeans.

Jim, if you hang around on GunBroker a while, you'll eventually find one. I saved my search, created a link in My Favorites, and checked it every day. Then you only have to outbid everyone else who's coveting one. Good luck!

·
Wandering Sandlapper
3,282 Posts
Jim, if you hang around on GunBroker a while, you'll eventually find one. I saved my search, created a link in My Favorites, and checked it every day. Then you only have to outbid everyone else who's coveting one. Good luck!
I'm going to have to alter my search pattern. I always seem to find them right after they put up the "This auction is closed" banner. :(

I've added it to my favorites with e-mail notification. Maybe at least I'll get to see it before it's gone.

I have a 9mm SP 101, and it is my favorite revolver. I can imagine it would be a fun gun in the Speed Six frame.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lucked into one for a trade recently. Really nice revolver and it will be my EDC when I get a good holster for it. Moon clips work as well as speedloaders and the savings in ammo costs is a real bonus.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sweet Lookin Revolver Sixgun100, I'll have one like it someday & another 9mm SP101, I used to have two & three 9mm S&Ws M547 & 2x 940s..
I too love the 9mm wheelguns & the ammo savings alone are worth the extra cost if you shoot alot like I do..

·
Registered
132 Posts

I've had a few over the years (far right in this photo). In new condition (box & all), I'd think $800 would be reasonable. Actually, a bargain.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I guess that I sold my 9mm Speed Six too cheap.
I sold mine for $450.
Never happened to me, of course :eek:

It's odd how some guns bounce back. In one of my not-so-bright moments, I sold a 4" HB Security Six, for an undisclosed price. Lets just say you were smarter than me, and leave it at that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.