Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we are all sick to death of ammo prices going up. (And I know you are probably sick of people like me griping about it!)I just placed an order at Midway for 500 Remington .357 mag 125 grain JHP and it cost $45.99! This was ON SALE! Last year I bought a box of 500 for $29.99, and the year before they were $24.99. So they have dang near doubled in two years. I bought a 100 30/30 Remington bullets for $19.49! They used to have these on sale for $9.99 all the time. I used to buy Sierra 168 grain BTHP Match bullets for the same price ($19.99), now they are close to $30.00. It is honestly getting to the point where I am gonna have to cut back on my shooting it is getting so dang expensive. I know I have found myself shooting more and more .22 LR (and even it went up, but not like everything else.)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I know what you mean, Gunman...I just placed my second order for 1000 unprimed Starline brass....$109.....it's still cheaper to reload....but not by much. Natchez sometimes has some good prices on ammo.....

·
Banned
186 Posts
Heck, I can't afford the gas to drive to the range much less the ammo!!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The 230 grain fmj bullets I use just went up $3 per 100. The primers were up $7 per 1000. I'm going to have to bring a water gun to the range before long.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
have you priced shotgun shells by the flat? over $50.00 nowadays. Thought about reloading but most have quit carrying shot as its too high---when you can find it.

The 22's are getting a lot more usage out of me as well. I predict a surge in the 22 forums...............

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I agree, Deputy, but, at one of our .22 shoots yesterday, people were having problems with the 22 ammo. I counted no less than 5 way underpowered rounds (you could actually see the lead before it hit the steel plate). I also counted about 20 rounds that just did not shoot....had nice stikes, but would not fire....mostly CCI, but also some Federals.....btw: this was from about 4 different shooters, that were NOT using out of the same box of ammo....everyone brought their own.....

·
Registered
995 Posts
At least you can still buy them. If California gets it's way, it appears we won't even be able to buy more than 50 rounds a month, and we have to have a permit to do it, and it all costs extra. Things are getting, no, have gotten, very silly!
Dan'o :}

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I've always had good luck with cci but had a few problems with the bulk remington and federal having miss-fires. Acutually some of the best rimfire i have tried has been winchester super x.

I might have already mentioned it, but as far as a stocking dealer, that Gander Mountain that i visited had a huge selection, including a few high dollar ones i never even seen before. Rimfire junkie heaven there.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I seem to be shooting more .22LR and 9mm now than ever before.

Sorry about the double post. I accidently hit quote before edit and somehow ended up with dual posts. LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts