Votes: 376 10.9%
  • other

Votes: 55 1.6%
  • 44 spl

Votes: 32 0.9%
  • 45 colt/acp

Votes: 522 15.1%
701 - 720 of 816 Posts
I tote around the Glock 27. 40 cal that's good to go. Just got to find a comfortable way to carry it with jeans on. I've found it's pretty easy with shorts, but doesn't fit inside the waiste band the way I want it to. I guess I could drop a few pounds and that might solve the problem.
Yea, that is one problem I have also. It is easier to buy big pockets instead of losing weight. :)

I like to pocket carry because it's the easiest thing to do when dressed in shorts and a t-shirt in this tropical state. 9mm is the best round for a pocket pistol.

I do carry a G30SF IWB under certain circumstances, so .45 ACP is my secondary caliber.

I have two S&W 40's and I will never buy another one. My 9mm's do just as much damage and I can carry 19+1 vs. 12+1. Plus they are so much more accurate as you get further out.
Some people believe that they need a 45... I guess under pressure they will be able to put all there shots on target. They must also believe that it shoots grenades. I for one know I'm human even with all the practice and in a panic I would rather have more follow up shots in the same size frame. Just my thoughts...:cool:
I had never considered that. That is a great point.

OK, I voted 9MM, but that will be my fall, winter, spring carry and the .380 ACP will be my "summer" carry (because it is a pocket gun that is easy to put into the pocket of my shorts).
I also like 9mm and like pocket carry. Wrangler Cargo Pants, both shorts and long legs have extra big front pockets (not cargo pockets) for pocket carry. Check them out.

No such thing as to big to carry.

All you need is a good belt and holster and the heavy revolvers are easy to carry all day.
I have a Galco Hunter for my GP100 and a Bianchi Cyclone for my Redhawk. Both holsters do a great job of keeping either revolver comfortably in place as I move through heavy brush in the swamps around here. For a belt, I use an old rigger belt I've had since the Army first replaced BDUs with the ACU. It's wide enough that it provides good support and won't sag once it's tightened down.

For concealment, however, I would only be able to pull that off with those rigs in a heavy winter when I could always have a reason to wear a big coat. A big coat would look mighty suspicious about 350 days of the year around here.

I have a Galco Hunter for my GP100 and a Bianchi Cyclone for my Redhawk. Both holsters do a great job of keeping either revolver comfortably in place as I move through heavy brush in the swamps around here. For a belt, I use an old rigger belt I've had since the Army first replaced BDUs with the ACU. It's wide enough that it provides good support and won't sag once it's tightened down.

For concealment, however, I would only be able to pull that off with those rigs in a heavy winter when I could always have a reason to wear a big coat. A big coat would look mighty suspicious about 350 days of the year around here.
I CCed a S&W 686 6.5" classic for several years in FL during the early 90's.

If you dress around the gun (don't wear skinny jeans and tight shirts) and they aren't hard to conceal. At that time I was 5'11" 155#, I'm a little heavier these days because of health issues but would not have a problem carrying that gun again if need be.

I CCed a S&W 686 6.5" classic for several years in FL during the early 90's.

If you dress around the gun (don't wear skinny jeans and tight shirts) and they aren't hard to conceal. At that time I was 5'11" 155#, I'm a little heavier these days because of health issues but would not have a problem carrying that gun again if need be.
Did you do the Sunny Crocket thing and wear an opened button-down shirt over a shoulder holster? My dad did that with a S&W 645 back in the '80s when he was a detective.

This is an older thread, but over the past year 2020, I've switched from primarily a 5-shot Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum to a Glock 36 in .45 acp as a primary EDC weapon. The increased round capacity combined with the ease of ability to carry multiple magazines and speed of reloading, especially with the consideration of having to deal with more than just 2-3 offenders at a time. The 'thin' Glock 36 (think 1911 officer model size) is easy to carry and is more than accurate enough for close quarters home / personal defense.
Interesting how changes in times and incidents changes one's considerations for home and personal defense?

I am late to the party, but here goes; when I get a carry permit, I will probably carry a .40 or a .45.
I have a .357, but that will be my house gun.

I watched the video of the guy with a knife. If that happens to me, I plan to let him get close enough for a head shot.

701 - 720 of 816 Posts