Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here in this great forum tried pro mag magazines on a ruger and if so what has your experience been with them thank you

·
Registered
347 Posts
I bought 2 ProMag magazines for my Ruger P97 45ACP. They have a bulkier base but they seem to be of good quality and they function perfectly. The pair of them cost me $25.00 at Cabela's, pretty darm inexpensive! Even though they seem to be just fine, I only use them for range or plinking and use my Ruger magazines for CC AND HD.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree- the .45 Promags I have work fine, and they supposedly have a lifetime factory warranty. But, I have heard to stay away from the 9mm 15 round Promags.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I have one .45 ACP Pro Mag I use at the range. Supposed to be an 8 rd but only holds 7. Works fine but that base is kinda ugly. For about half the price of a Ruger mag it's a good deal for a range mag but for carry purposes I stick with the ones from Ruger. I've heard some not too good comments on the mags for the 9MMs but have no experience myself.
Baker

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I will never regret buying Ruger Mags for my Rugers...I will never regret having bought an Xbrand that failed me even once, either...I'm worth the price for the best.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Nope but I'm thinking about it. I've read (but don't know it for a fact) that Mec-Gar makes Ruger's factory magazines.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Since the 70s, I've heard nothin but good about them but never bought one-the ones I've seen for sale were high like a factory mag. I have an idea they're made in France-if so, might have to duct tape them into the gun in case of a fight.....;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mec-Gar mags are awesome. They are the OEM mag for Beretta, Sig, and I think Browning. You can get their 17 round 9mm mags that are the same size externally as Ruger factory 15 round mags.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have several Mec-Gar 15 round magazines for my P95DC. The are well made and feed as reliable as my Ruger magazines. I bought them when Ruger wasn't making 15 rounders. I have since bought Ruger 15's for CC and HD but I wouldn't worry one bit if I had to rely on the Mec-Gar's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The 10 round .45 ACP seem to work well in my P345; but steer clear of the 15 (maybe it was 20) rounders. All rounds would not load, and those that did load just rattled around loose in the mag. Clips & Stuff, from whom I purchased them, was kind enough to refund my money.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts