Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are Pro Mag magazines as good as original factory. I need a second magazine for my SR45 and the Pro Mag are way less expensive.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Well some have better luck than others.
For me I have 2 ProMags for my LCP Custom and they work as well as the original Ruger mags.
However I just use them at the range. Just paranoid I guess.
Original Rugers for carrying.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Pro Mag has a very spotty reputation. I've got some for my Hi Point 9mm Carbine and they have worked fine. My dad picked up few years ago for his Sig P226 and they worked as well.

I would use Pro Mags for the range and carry with factory mags.

Also check out Ebay. You can find some great deals there sometimes.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They are either good or bad, but I have gotten several bad ones up to range level but not ever to carry level.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mec-Gar magazines are excellent and, in fact, are the OEM supplier to many manufacturers. They are in a far different league from Pro Mags.

Pro Mag, on the other hand, have a very spotty reputation and can be hit-or-miss for reliability. Get some for range use but don't trust them for carry or serious home defense purposes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Picked up 4 Pro mags for my Glock 19 about a year ago. Been using them at the range since getting them they have run 100%. So far have run several hundred rounds through them without any malfunctions.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Picked up a PROMAG for my wife's P938 and never did get it to work right. Finally threw it away and bit the bullet on an OEM mag and its hefty price tag

·
Registered
295 Posts
I bought some 33 rounders for my fx-9. All worked great. Just ordered a couple 12 rounders for my Sig p365. If they work good, will buy more as there are no factory sigs to be found at this time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought one for my LC9s, shot it at the range and had feed problems. Gave it away.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Picked up 4 Pro mags for my Glock 19 about a year ago. Been using them at the range since getting them they have run 100%. So far have run several hundred rounds through them without any malfunctions.
Congratulations you are a lucky one. My experience with customer complaints says this is rare.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I've had good luck with Promag but I don't rely on them. If you look around you can find some deals on Ruger factory mags. For example, I got a great price on some Sec9 17 round Ruger mags from Magshack recently. That said, I own several Promags for different guns and they've always worked for me. The only one that hasn't held up was an extended Promag from my P89 that I got used when I got the gun. The spring has failed on that magazine after many years of not being used.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts