Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run out of ammo way too fast! I went with the LC9s Pro after weeks of researching all the single stack 9mm out there and I am very impressed with this gun. I had 0 malfunctions and the accuracy was great with cheap federal 115 grain. It fits in my hand very comfortably and I put some talon grips on for some extra tacky goodness. Now I am just waiting on my holsters.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You tricked me with the title :D
I guess that's a good problem to have since the solution is easy. I have been hearing lots of good things about the Pros...Happy shootin'

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congrats. I totally agree with you on the comfort. I also got the Talon grips. They are a nice touch. Enjoy!!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Size Of The Takedown Pin?

I run out of ammo way too fast! I went with the LC9s Pro after weeks of researching all the single stack 9mm out there and I am very impressed with this gun. I had 0 malfunctions and the accuracy was great with cheap federal 115 grain. It fits in my hand very comfortably and I put some talon grips on for some extra tacky goodness. Now I am just waiting on my holsters.
Wow! You have a nice problem.
I've been using a paper clip to push out the takedown pin (suggested in the manual!) and was wanting to know the size of the pin so I could get a punch to
fit. Called Ruger here in Arizona (where they make'em) and no one knew the size of that pin!
Anyone out there know?
Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Love My Pro, had a few issues feeding ammo but it appears to be bulk ammo that was a little short so other brands seem to be ok. I pick up a little punch pin to keep in my cleaning kit I take to the range just in case...

Mayhew Select 21600 1/16-Inch Mini Knurled Pin Punch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M225LU/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_joAfwbYX87DTZ

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been using a paper clip to push out the takedown pin (suggested in the manual!) and was wanting to know the size of the pin so I could get a punch to
fit. Called Ruger here in Arizona (where they make'em) and no one knew the size of that pin!
Anyone out there know?
Semper Fi
I swapped my LC9 takedown pin (before i sold it) into my LC9S & it drops out w/ a shake just like it did before. Maybe order a new pin from an LC9 not an "S". Also, if someone still has both models please mic the pins so we know for sure if there's a diameter diff as I forgot to.

It's roughly a 5/32" pin/punch same as the frame pins

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Wow, you do have a problem. Maybe call Ruger customer service and see what they recommend. If they have you send it back, you won't be able to use up any ammo for a week or two while it's gone. :)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Yeah, I seem to have that same ammo problem, 25signal. Seems like no matter how much I buy or reload, I never seem to have enough. :D

Darn fun problem to have though!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I seem to have that same ammo problem, 25signal. Seems like no matter how much I buy or reload, I never seem to have enough. :D

Darn fun problem to have though!
Indeed! I have another 200 rounds to go through this weekend, pistol has been great to carry and shoot so far.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Indeed! I have another 200 rounds to go through this weekend, pistol has been great to carry and shoot so far.
OP, if you don't already do any reloading, it sounds to me as though you really should consider starting. You won't spend less, but you will have more ammo to shoot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP, if you don't already do any reloading, it sounds to me as though you really should consider starting. You won't spend less, but you will have more ammo to shoot.
Thats the plan! My buddy has a reloader already so I am starting to get everything together. Do you have any recommendations for powder or bullets?

·
Registered
41 Posts
fit. Called Ruger here in Arizona (where they make'em) and no one knew the size of that pin!/QUOTE]

swapped my LC9 takedown pin (before i sold it) into my LC9S & it drops out w/ a shake just like it did before. Maybe order a new pin from an LC9 not an "S". Also, if someone still has both models please mic the pins so we know for sure if there's a diameter diff as I forgot to./QUOTE]

On my new LC9s PRO I can just drop out the takedown pin just by holding the pistol with the left side down and slightly retracting the slide 'til the openings align. Make sure you've got something to catch it! (I could do the same on my old LC9).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Take Down Pin and....Wear and Tear

Anyone out there know?
Semper Fi
I called them too for the size of a punch. They didn't know. They did send me a
thing for using on some sort of pins in the LC9sPro. It was too big too. So I'm back to using a large paper clip. Yesterday I wrapped and wrapped some plastic
electrical tape around the part that was still in the original form to give me a little handle.
I don't know if there is a proper size punch.
I did notice after the initial 21 rounds firing over this past weekend that the top of the area of the chamber of the barrel (shows when pistol is in battery the finish is worn down to shinny metal. Called them a few minutes ago. "Normal wear and tear" I was told! I've never seen this on any other of my pistols. (Sig 232, Sig P320 C, two M&P Shields, Bersa Thunder 380 nor on my forty year old H&K P7M8 I recently sold)
Do other owners see this worn area when in battery?
Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
thing for using on some sort of pins in the LC9sPro. It was too big too. So I'm back to using a large paper clip. Yesterday I wrapped and wrapped some plastic
electrical tape around the part that was still in the original form to give me a little handle.
I did notice after the initial 21 rounds firing over this past weekend that the top of the area of the chamber of the barrel (shows when pistol is in battery the finish is worn down to shinny metal. Called them a few minutes ago. "Normal wear and tear" I was told! I've never seen this on any other of my pistols. (Sig 232, Sig P320 C, two M&P Shields, Bersa Thunder 380 nor on my forty year old H&K P7M8 I recently sold)
Semper Fi
Scroll back up to my post (#8)and click on the link, that's the little punch I carry in my range cleaning kit...and yes the black finish is just cosmetic and will wear off, my Glock and Sig did the same thing...

·
Registered
4 Posts

Semper Fi

Normal. This and my other pistol has wear on the top of the chamber. FNP-40

1 - 20 of 21 Posts