Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went over the Takedown at my FFL, I didn't think of checking the rear sight. So of course I have a problem with mine.

The problem is, I can't raise up the sight from it's flat position to a standing position! It feels as if it were bonded in that position. Is there a trick to it? Or, is it just stuck? I'm about ready to take a pliers and screwdriver to it. :mad:

I've read some things about the stock rear sight. It is a "Buckhorn" sight and it is extremely hard to adjust for windage.

Then I heard about Skinner Sights. And I'm thinking that my time and money would be better spent on great new sights rather than just sending my rifle back to Ruger. It is a pain in the butt stock to send and receive back any firearms. So I'd like to avoid it. There is a really good gunsmith where I live and he could put on the Skinners for me (I don't have the right tools or space to work on it myself).

So, is there a remedy or should I buy the Skinners?

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
181 Posts
I just picked up my 77/357 the other day. It has the same rear sight as your 10/22, and while I have no problem with flipping the sight up or down, I cannot stand it.

I just ordered Skinner's barrel mount peep sight last night and plan on rolling with that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because I fired about 300 rounds through it with the sight in the down position, could it be that it's been melded in place? I hope I didn't do that. Would that mean sending the gun back to Ruger? ARGH!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts