Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an issue with my 10/22 after I assembled it today. I manage to insert the bolt, but there's alot of friction between it and the frame. I've tried several times, but there's still alot for friction. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Emperor
885 Posts
Take it apart again. Make sure that when you reinstalled the trigger group, the ejector did not flip over backwards with its tip facing the rear of the rifle. That is very easy to have happen as the ejector is often a loose fit in the slot it resides in at the front of the trigger group. If that is not what happened, pay special attention to seating of the recoil spring guide rod in the receiver when you reassemble the rifle.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Is this before or after putting the trigger group in?

Make sure the rod and spring for the charging handle are seated in the notch in the back of the receiver.

If after the trigger group is installed, make sure the ejector is facing forward, in the correct location and not bent.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, I managed to solve the issue; the spring under metal piece I've marked in red was loose and obstructing it. When I reinstalled it, everything worked perfectly :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts