Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a new SR22 with 40gr ammo it works great. I got some bulk Federal 36gr bulk ammo. The gun about two thirds of the time will not complete the cycle of dispensing the spent shell putting the new shell in place. Any ideas.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Welcome from MO! I run federal bulk in my SR22p without issue.
You may want to post your ? in the Rimfire Forum. The simple answer is use what works. The bulk Federal works great for me & that is all I use.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum, from South Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Hi Auntben
Welcome to the forum.
I have 2 SR22's and they'll eat anything I feed them, But I usually use 36gr jh Federals bulk pack Walmart. I also suggest checking the recoil spring,as both of mine came from Ruger not fully seated. When you install it turn it CW looking from the breech end and also watch Rugewr vidieo. They are great little guns lots of fun to shoot. Hope this helps you

·
Registered
652 Posts
Me too

Check to see that the recoil spring is seated all the way back onto the recoil rod.

Clean and oil gun like Ruger SR22 Video shows (go to Ruger SR22 site => Ruger® SR22® Rimfire Pistol Extras watch Disassembly/reassembly video for proper way.

Shoot and have fun
I had the same issue (almost) and found that my spring was not properly seated. (captive)

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
My SR22P will not cycle Federal Bulk ammo. It fires, ejects, but doesnt pick up the next round. I have 5 magazines, and its the same with all of them. My spring is correctly installed. It functions fine with Blazer. So... I shoot Blazers, and couldnt care less if it doesnt shoot Federals

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Yes, I agree that the SR22P should work great with Federal 36 grain. Check the spring seating.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I put 300 rounds through mine on Friday and 200 today. It was pretty dirty at the end of the day, but I only had one failure to load, and two failures to eject (both today after about 400 rounds).

This little gun is fast becoming my favorite ever. Its not as accurate as a target pistol (I had one once), but at this stage in my life, its probably more accurate than I am.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I put 383 rds thru my SR22-CT today at my local gun range, 50 rds of CCI-Blazer and 333 rds of Winchester Bulk, Had zero malfunctions and a total rd count of 2,438 rds w/ zero malfunctions..Had a great time, Luv shooting my little RUGER SR22-CT..

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.
Try some different ammo.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
My SR22 shoots the federal bulk pack just fine, but it needs a good cleaning after 300 rounds or so. I gave mine a good cleaning and it went back to working as reliable as ever.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Over 2000 rounds through my SR22 and no real problems. Not sure what's up with yours.

·
Registered
223 Posts
mine wont run with federal bulk

my sr22p runs perfect with winchester white box bulk, but wont work with fed 550 bulk. my 10/22 LITE is the opposite, go figure!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
my sr22p runs perfect with winchester white box bulk, but wont work with fed 550 bulk. my 10/22 LITE is the opposite, go figure!!
Hi Jon pthat's werid all my Ruger rimfires live on Federal bulk Walmart with out any problems. Strange :confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts