Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was great to enjoy a day off at home. I was able to get guns, ammo, and hunting gear ready for rifle season opening this weekend. I found my missing Thermacell which was a major achievement. I loaded the .308 Winchester ammo I will hunt with. I weighed all charges, throwing a couple of tenths light and trickling up. I also prepped a couple of boxes of .223 Remington brass by trimming, chamfering, deburring, and cleaning primer pockets. I primed with CCI #400 and then loaded up a box of 60gr Nosler Partitions over H4895. It felt good to get back to the bench. I enjoyed myself tremendously.
Indoor games and sports Recreation Flooring Tabletop game Drink
Product Tire Automotive tire Microphone Automotive design

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Nice! I've been busy the last three months and only pass by the bench occasionally. Curious, 60g Partition in .308? I'm assuming deer hunting? Those 55g ballistic tips are my favorite in 22-250 Rem.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! I've been busy the last three months and only pass by the bench occasionally. Curious, 60g Partition in .308? I'm assuming deer hunting? Those 55g ballistic tips are my favorite in 22-250 Rem.
No, those 60gr partitions are going into .223 Rem cases, and I am not a fan of small caliber bullets for hunting. The deer grow large in the farm country of S. Georgia where I hunt. My .243 Win with 100gr Speer BTSP's is my "light" deer rifle. I shoot 150gr loads in my .270, 150 and 170 in my .30-30, and 165gr pills in my .308 and .30-06. I had said I was prepping cases for a couple of boxes of .223 loads. One box of pure varmint loads for my Rem 700, and the Partitions for my AR-15 . If I am using it as a truck gun on my property it will be effective on armadillos, coyotes, and even wild pigs (two in the head should do it). I figure that they would work good on Antifa idiots too!

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
That makes more sense. I never thought about using the partitions in .223. I think that was what threw my off when I read the post. Happy hunting!

·
Registered
.22 Single Sixes, MkII, 10-22, 22 Charger, 77-357, 45 American, 44 Vaqueros, GP100s.
554 Posts
Nice selections for the reloads.

·
Corps Commander NGV
6,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That makes more sense. I never thought about using the partitions in .223. I think that was what threw my off when I read the post. Happy hunting!
Both of my .223 rifles have the slow 1:12" twist barrels so 60gr bullets are the heaviest I can stabilize. The Partitions give me options for my ancient AR-15A1 and Rem 700 SPS Varmint.

·
Registered
Ruger .44 Carbine, Security-Six, Service-Six, Mini-14, .30 Carbine Blackhawk
587 Posts
A good day for sure.

I find re-loading very relaxing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts