Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded today for a SP101 in .38 Special and put a P90 .45 ACP on lay a way. Now that is what I call a productive day.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is the 2 1/4 inch. (Now if I only did not have to go to work tonight and pay for all of this!)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

It is the 2 1/4 inch. (Now if I only did not have to go to work tonight and pay for all of this!)
I've been thinking about getting a SP101 2 1/4 in .357Mag for CCW... Let me know how the 38 is... The recoil should be less than the .357 mag and may be the way I go. Also pics would be good...:D

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will post pics when I can find my little doo-hickey that connects my camera to the computer-I can't find it. I have owned a couple of SPs in .357 and they are quite a handfull. I shot a box of 50 plus Ps today through it and I honestly think you could shoot it all day long in .38 Special. It does not twist in your hand at all, unlike the .357 model. The guy I traded with had one in .357, a brand new gun, that he wanted about $70 more for than this one. I already own a couple of .357s, but no dedicated .38, so I went with the .38. (I also happen to have about a thousand rounds of .38 just lying around, and my .357s don't like them for some reason.) Of course, there is no reason not to buy the .357 and shoot .38s in it if you want.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
That Blackhawk .357/9 6.5" I have is daylight and dark 357 vs 38Spcl +P...
And in a SP101 2 1/4" barrel, felt recoil is even higher. Less gun to soak up recoil... Well anyway, congrats on you new purchase, and I want to see the range report in the Range Report forum when you get the chance... I know it will be a great shooter.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, guys I have just moved back to KY and I am fixing up this old house and most of my stuff is still in boxes. I can't find the thing to hook my camera up to the computer. (I am lucky to have found my camera, or even the computer!) I promise to post pics when I find it. But, it is just a run of the mill SP, nothing unusual.

·
Code Slinger
2,203 Posts
Very nice :) I had a SP101 I used for CCW. Great pistol, but I traded it in for a Ultra Compact .45 with more capacity. I might trade in the .45 tomorrow for a Kimber Ultra Carry .45. I've never owned a Kimber before.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I had an SP101 2 1/4" barrel that I sold, and wished I had it back! I replaced it with a Rossi R462 38Sp/357 w/2 1/8" barrel when I had the money, but it just ain't the same.

I would NEVER sell my P90!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Carried a SP-101 21/4" barrel .357 with C/T lazer sights on it for a good while. It's a great gun and yes it's a little bear with .357s in it. You have to practice with it a lot to get really good with it. Shoot that's the fun of having it.
Congrats Gunman I think you will really like it. I know I did till I used it in a trade to get the Boss a .380 Colt she wanted.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Great finds gunman. I know you'll love the P90. I don't have an SP101, but I'd like too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts