Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a new thread on the Galloway trigger but I don't want to delete the mag safety feature (for now). I came across the PRP (Powder River Precision) Trigger kit - sear and trigger pivot.

I would like to shorten the reset, as I really like the rest of the trigger action. Not sure if I need to install both parts or if I can just install the pivot (I sent them an email asking that specifically) so that I don't change the trigger pull.

Has anybody tried this brand trigger mod?

·
Forlorn Hope
686 Posts
I just saw a new thread on the Galloway trigger but I don't want to delete the mag safety feature (for now). I came across the PRP (Powder River Precision) Trigger kit - sear and trigger pivot.

I would like to shorten the reset, as I really like the rest of the trigger action. Not sure if I need to install both parts or if I can just install the pivot (I sent them an email asking that specifically) so that I don't change the trigger pull.

Has anybody tried this brand trigger mod?
I installed the kit back in October, and love it. It noticeably reduced the pre travel and eliminated the over travel. It feels like the reset is much shorter, but with the reduced pre travel, I can't say by how much exactly, but it certainly feels dramatic. The trigger pull was reduced by several oz. Not sure about installing only one part though. I had my local gun smith do the install, and he confirmed that a small amount of filing was needed for proper fit.

I should also tell you that I have since also installed the MCARBO trigger return spring, further reducing the trigger pull (and I have the Pro).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Definitely don't want to add the return spring because I don't want it much less than the PRP might do if I have to install both parts.

Nice to know about fitment too...I was a bit concerned about that as I will probably try to do it myself first.

I sent an email to PRP about using one or both parts and waiting to see what they have to say before ordering it.
Thx.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Follow up to my question to PRP about using one or both parts in their trigger kit. They confirmed to me that both parts are engineered to work together and the trigger pivot completes the sear replacement.

So, I am going to shoot the LC9s for a while and decide if I want to reduce the trigger pull 20%+ from where it came stock along with travel adjustment. I like the idea of reducing the reset, but maybe not at the expense of the pull weight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed the kit back in October, and love it. It noticeably reduced the pre travel and eliminated the over travel. It feels like the reset is much shorter, but with the reduced pre travel, I can't say by how much exactly, but it certainly feels dramatic. The trigger pull was reduced by several oz. Not sure about installing only one part though. I had my local gun smith do the install, and he confirmed that a small amount of filing was needed for proper fit.

I should also tell you that I have since also installed the MCARBO trigger return spring, further reducing the trigger pull (and I have the Pro).
Have you measured the trigger pull pressure with both kits installed? Each kit installed by itself seems to drop the trigger pressure by about a pound to a pound and a half.

·
Forlorn Hope
686 Posts
Have you measured the trigger pull pressure with both kits installed? Each kit installed by itself seems to drop the trigger pressure by about a pound to a pound and a half.
The PRP kit got it down to around 3lbs. Together I get something in the range of 1lb.
Very smooth, very clean break.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts