Ruger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to thank my fellow members here for the many posts on the Six series guns! Very informative and helped me decide to purchase my first Six! I "lucked" upon this safe queen from a buddy of mine who has no interest in revolvers (it was given to him by a relative who was moving out of state)... It's in absolute perfect condition.

I should be able to go pick her up on Monday and she is a 2 3/4 blued with 156 prefix. I'll post pics when I have her in my possession. Lock up is like a bank vault and barely a cylinder ring. Only 20 total rounds fired. It's coming with a leather holster (unknown make) and 200 rounds of Winchester .357 ammo... I know you guys will Crap your pants when I tell you what I'm paying for it...... $200!

Again, pics will be forthcoming!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I know you guys will Crap your pants when I tell you what I'm paying for it...... $200!
Dang, I should have put on my NASA underwear.:D

Great score! You're gonna love it.
Congrats. Make sure you post some pics when you get her in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to post pics...

Can anyone help a brother out?

I've figured out how to change my avatar (obviously) and upload to the Member Gallery but no idea how to get them posted here...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Sign up at Photobucket, download your pics to it, then click on the lower link. It will say copied. Then paste in your post.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am overly pleased. She is in superb shape and the holster appears well made (no markings or brand anywhere on it) which fits it like a glove. I have to say that I have medium sized hands so the grips feel very comfortable, but I do know that shooting full house loads will still sting a bit... Tyler T on order... She also came with 100 rounds of Winchester .357, 20 rounds of Winchester .38 +P, 50 rounds of Gold Dots and 30 rounds of Hydrashocks, both in .357. Range report soon hopefully....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Debaser-- I'm taking donations to build a new six collection in my safe. Yours would be well appreciated and make a fine addition. This is for a good cause. So... listen to your heart and take the next step. :D

Congrats, that is a fine looking six.:)

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Very nice, great score!

·
Administrator
23,044 Posts
Congrats on the new six. You got a great deal and a great revolver. Enjoy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate all the compliments... spending time with the "old" girl and administering some TLC (not to mention a few drops of Wilson lube)... familiarizing myself for her to become my EDC but not until I can send about 100-150 rounds downrange, which I'm sure you guys know won't come soon enough. Till then she will hide out in the safe :(
I'll be sure to post a range report soon!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Great revolver, great deal.
Enjoy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts