Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put about 100 rounds through my new Ruger today. It worked great except for one jam,though that was my fault. I don't think I had the clip all the way in and one of the shells got caught during ejection. When I went to remove the clip I noticed it wasn't fully inserted in the gun. It seems to like the CCI Blazers I was using today though! The gun is much more accurate than I am. Definetly a lot more accurate than my XD40. I'm just in love with this gun, it's so great! :D

Does anyone make something that makes loading up the clips a little easier on the thumbs? I was using a rag to help protect my thumbs from going raw but I figure there must be some easier way out there.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
An outfit called ADCO makes some thumb savers for .22 mags. Might be a few others out there as well. Might want to give them a call and see if they will work on the mkIII. They worked well on a mkII.

http://www.adcosales.com/superthumb.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have been looking at the Ultimate Clip Loader thing, from what I have researched it does work on Ruger and Browning .22 Mags........It cost's around $30.00.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Been done callin' it a clip since I was a lad-nigh unto 50 years ago...most folks here know just what I mean...magazine's somethin' you read...and sometimes wipe with....;)

·
Banned
700 Posts
NyDan,
I ordered from the maker http://zaliznockindustries.com/outdoors.htm and it was actually cheaper than anywhere else.
These things do work once you get the feel of it. Super fast. HK and Butler creek make a plastic thumbsaver for less than $3.00

Sheepdog, please not while I'm trying to enjoy a cold beverage at the keyboard.... Thanks!:D
The good Doctor is correct ...MAGAZINE not clip! Holds ten rounds and DON'T wipe with it! EVER!!!!!!:D

SD

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Song Dawg, I'll be ordering one of those.

I've always thought it was a magazine if it was external, clip if it was internal. None of it makes sense to me, it's the thing with the bullets in it.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
A magazine will have a spring. Be it the internal magazine of a garand, sks, ruger 77 bolt action, or an external magazine for your ruger 22 or a p90.

Clip has no spring. Function is to hold ammo and go into a magazine (garand)or to load a magazine (stripper clip for sks).

That is probably the over simplified explanation--but i like it simple. Sometime it can make my head hurt trying to figure things out. Such as---is it the 45 colt or the 45 long colt.:)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ruger included in all 3 .45s I've bought a device to load your clips with...slips over the body and pushes down the follower/top round to make room for the next one under the lips...neat except I keep forgetting it...do they not include one with the .22 pistols?

·
Banned
700 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Ruger included in all 3 .45s I've bought a device to load your clips with...slips over the body and pushes down the follower/top round to make room for the next one under the lips...neat except I keep forgetting it...do they not include one with the .22 pistols?
Here's most of what's available in aftermarket goodies in this regard.
Nothing included by Ruger, Sheepdog!

SD

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I see the cliploader pictured...but do they have any magazine loaders[}:)]??? I remember the little button'd wear my thumb out on that and I think a High Standard Sport King or Dura-matic...that'n looks like it'd hold a lot of shells...HKS has sold some kind of loader for pistol mags but haven't seen the ad lately...anyone???

·
Banned
700 Posts
I got several at one time through Natchez Shooters Supply but I bet you can walk in to many good gun shops and find them. Let me know if you strike out!
Sure beats the old way!

Sheepdog...it was "their" nomenclature not mine!:D

SD

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yeah, and if I invite you to supper and you take off on how it's s'posed to be called dinner, yours'll get eaten!!!

·
Banned
700 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Yeah, and if I invite you to supper and you take off on how it's s'posed to be called dinner, yours'll get eaten!!!
That's funny! I promise ...if ya invite me to dinner I won't take off anywhere.:D
I'm just tryin' to help somebody save their thumb when trying to load bullets in the official "bullet thingy!":D:D

SD

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Sheepdog
Been a few years since i bought a ruger std .22 but ruger didn't put a load tool in with the .22 i bought.

Have tried an HKS loader tool a feller had for his glock but i just didn't like it as it struck me as a tool for a right handed person---that or i wasn't coordinated enough to work it right! The centerfire models have a button lever on the wrong side of the tool for me.

here is a link to HKS which also has rimfire loader tools as well as centerfire:

http://www.hksspeedloaders.com/MagloaderPage.html

·
Banned
298 Posts
I have the crappy ram line speed loader for my 10/22 mags. It works great, I have had it for years, and it makes loading 50 round and 100 round magazines less of a chore. Still takes much longer to load them than to empty them.

My P97 came with the stupid load assist or whatever it is, I used it for two rounds and stopped. Didn't seem to do me any good at all. Just one more thing to confuse me. To paraphrase my dad, "if you can't carry it back to the car yourself, find a smaller pumpkin" and "I don't load guns for other people." Needless to say, I developed magazine-loading skills at an early age. I can't re-learn now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts