Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like gadgets, and stuff, but….

A while back my wife and I are walking through the hunting aisles of a sporting goods store. After about the 15th aisle, my wife looks at me and asks, “Holy cow!, just how much sh*t does it take to kill a deer?” Couldn’t really come up anything :>)

Ron

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Just how much does it take to get ready in the morning?

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
I would have started reciting all the crap thats in the bathroom closet,,

7 bags of pads, 14 hair colors, 17 brushes, 31 lipsticks, 57 bars of misc soap, 13 bottles of skin creme, 19 bottles of shampoo, 24 bottles of conditioner, 7 flavors of toothpaste, 5 milk crates of misc JUNK, 91 wash cloths,, etc, etc,,,,

Yup, I prolly would got the evil eye followed by a 2 week exercise in celibacy. :rolleyes:

But hey,,,, ya do what ya gotta do. Dont be messin with my deer huntin. :mad:

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,408 Posts
I would start with the jewelry box(es).

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
I have been going on annual deer hunts down in Tejas for about 4 years now and I can honestly say that deer are amongst the easiest game to hunt. They are so stupid and DO NOT require you to be all that quiet. And what's with all the camo that deer hunters feel the need to wear? Heck, I hunt in just a t-shirt and shorts (weather permitted).

·
Registered
308 Posts
"Stuff" clutters our world and always has.

Go into the kitchen ware department of upscale stores. Do you really need
all that "stuff" to cook an egg or boil water or cut bread?

Every activity gets overloaded with "stuff."

But I find it amusing that it didn't take very long for some posters to
do hits on women and their "stuff" as if to justify the need for a
commando jungle/arctic outfit(s) to go after deer. :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
A few of the deer hunters I know shoot off their back steps and one guy I know got two nice bucks dressed in his Bat Man pajamas!! No s**t!

·
Registered
8,735 Posts
I guess I would start with her purses then follow that up with a second volley about her shoes!

·
Super Moderator
21,682 Posts
I agree with her there is way to much useless stuff.

Here's a good example:

Proc's LLC - Huntin' Buddy

A blow up doll in camo :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

Try finding a decent pair of wool gloves for hunting. The ones now all have 6" of insulation inside that make you as dexterous as a walrus.

·
Premium Member
2,762 Posts

A while back my wife and I are walking through the hunting aisles of a sporting goods store. After about the 15th aisle, my wife looks at me and asks, “Holy cow!, just how much sh*t does it take to kill a deer?” Couldn’t really come up anything :>)

Ron
If you could run fast enough....just a loin cloth and a knife held between your teeth.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts

Ron

Heck, I killed my last deer with nothing more than a ten-year-old Chevy pickup truck. Before that, it was a Winchester 94, some old fatigues and an orange vest.

Like any sport, there are those whose enjoyment requires the accumulating of a lot of gear. You can hunt deer with a minimal amount of gear or you can go "whole hog".

Jim

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Heck, I killed my last deer with nothing more than a ten-year-old Chevy pickup truck. Before that, it was a Winchester 94, some old fatigues and an orange vest.

Like any sport, there are those whose enjoyment requires the accumulating of a lot of gear. You can hunt deer with a minimal amount of gear or you can go "whole hog".

Jim
Now your talking HOG you don't have to sneek up on them and they have more meat than a deer. Hams-bacon-Ribs- tenderloins- chops-pulled pork sandwitches. Ears for the dog. And the hide will make on heck of a fire. Or the lard for cooking.

·
Registered
330 Posts
$25k on a boat and fishing gear to catch a bass. You bet, all about the toys. Oh and $50k for a truck to drag it to the lake. Been there done that in my younger years.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Well... how many different purses could a woman possibly need at one time :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts