Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so sweet, I just step outside & they buzz around. :rolleyes:
We have feeders and they fly around us all the time. Last summer I was eating a cherry and one flew right up in front of me and was just inches away. He wanted the cherry.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
We have feeders and they fly around us all the time. Last summer I was eating a cherry and one flew right up in front of me and was just inches away. He wanted the cherry.
They are friendly little guys. They love my hibiscus trees. Its amazing how many colors the birds can be. Some of them are really little too.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
We have some feeders up for them also. When the feeders run out they will get right in your face and just fuss up a storm. Pretty smart for such a pea brain (if that big). They sure are mean to each other, always fighting seem like. At my aunts house just below Birmingham,Al they swarm like flies. I had taken a picture of one of my sons playing in their pool and later counted 30+ hummingbirds in the background. There were hundreds flying around.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I am in agreement with GunLover. A couple of the Hummers will "Take Over" the access to the feeders and really control the birds that approach either one of them. They will also buzz us (on the nearby porch) or hover in front of the windows, clearly distressed when the 'juice' disappears from sight in the feeder bottles.

At the height of the summer when the bird popluation is at its peak, our 2 One Quart-sized bottle feeders will empty within 24 hours.

Here's a couple of Hummer photos from our feeders. They are a lot of fun to watch.
The last photo shows a Hummer having a fit because a Bee is on the feeder.

·
4E617468616E 4C656767
1,840 Posts
We have a Mystic Spire bush out in front of our front bedroom window that the hummingbirds absolutely love to eat from. Our cats sit in the window sill and go nuts when they come by. So much fun.

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
This is all so neat, but as I am infested with red wasps they dominate the feeders, so I quit.
They are beautiful and fun to watch!

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
This is all so neat, but as I am infested with red wasps they dominate the feeders, so I quit.
They are beautiful and fun to watch!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts