Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned numerous Mini-14's, off and on, since 1977 - starting with a Liberty Model. But, I've never had any good 20-rd magazines. Back in the day, IIRC, Ruger just didn't sell the 20-rounders to civilians. Given all of the events of late, I would like to get three good 20-rd mags. And, yes, I know, I am arriving very, very late to the game for this!!

Unfortunately, I was was one many burnt by Ruger selling the Ruger-marked LC9s magazines - which didn't work with a damn and were made, I think, by Pro-mag. Does anyone know if the current Ruger 20-rd mags are worth their salt - or have a recommendation that works better?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Ruger 20 rounders are top notch, for both the Mini-14 and Mini-30. Don't waste your money on other brands.

·
Ruger Connesewer ;)
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow - Quick responses and good news - Thanks again!! I hope to never need a 20-rd mag in my Mini but it'll be nice to know they're reliable ...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Wow - Quick responses and good news - Thanks again!! I hope to never need a 20-rd mag in my Mini but it'll be nice to know they're reliable ...
Why wouldn't you , 20s are all I run, there the most dependable mag Ruger makes for the Mini. Just keep you eyes peeled and you will find them on sale at certain vendors. :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Why wouldn't you , 20s are all I run, there the most dependable mag Ruger makes for the Mini. Just keep you eyes peeled and you will find them on sale at certain vendors. :cool:
CDNN always has Ruger factory Mini-14 magazines available. When the Clinton ban ended, they were selling LEO marked 20s @ $19. I had to get a couple, just because.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts