Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
That Nikon 3x32 is a nice scope but to mount it on your Mini 30 you will need the Rail that clamps on to your Mini 30's reciever to accommodate the length of the Nikon scope. Plus the BDC is calibrated for the .223/5.56. Any nice 1-4 scope will work or a 2-7x32. I have a 2-7x32 a Redield Widefield on my Mini 14. Good Luck!!!

·
Banned
513 Posts
That Nikon 3x32 is a nice scope but to mount it on your Mini 30 you will need the Rail that clamps on to your Mini 30's reciever to accommodate the length of the Nikon scope. Plus the BDC is calibrated for the .223/5.56. Any nice 1-4 scope will work or a 2-7x32. I have a 2-7x32 a Redield Widefield on my Mini 14. Good Luck!!!
Miss information^^^

The Nikon 3x32 will fit with traditional ruger rings and traditional ruger scope mounts (#4 ruger scope rings). Also I have yet to find a load that will coincide with the BDC reticle. Shoot what you want, .223, 7.63x39, .308, it doesnt matter, find a load and gauge it yourself. I would also suggest a good 1x4, but the Leo or Burris I would recommend is almost 300 bucks.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Well KB you might be right I liked this scope as well & my 188 series Ruger Ranch Rifle my worry was the length oh the Nikon. Scope vs the space on my reciever with the Ruger Scope rings. I asked the local LGS the same question they were the ones that told me a simple scope rail would work. The P233 3x32 scope is set up for the .223 but yes going online with Nikon you can setup other calibers to the BDC feature. I was going on the information supplied with these scopes as new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts