Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you posses a Type 06 FFL can you do firearms transfers? Also, if you don't intend on selling your ammo do you still need to register with ITAR?

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,711 Posts
moakes58, In a round about way, this IS a reloading question. That said, this forum is not for providing legal assistance!

A type 06 FFL is a license to manufacture or remanufacture (reload) ammo for resale. It can not be used to transfer firearms .... only ammo. I used to have a type 07, which is a combination of firearms manufacturing, ammo manufacturing, and firearms transfers ... but that was more than 18 years ago. I did not have any restriction or even forms for ITAR at the time. ITAR means: "International Traffic in Arms Regulation" and is a set of ever changing laws and restrictions where we (US citizens) can't import or export certain items that have a war time application. An example is a scope ... a Japanese scope may be directly exported from Japan to another country but that same scope can not be delivered to the US then exported to any other country. Look at any web site that sells scopes and you will see something like "can't ship to a foreign address". The ITAR laws are unique and change often based on what's going on in the world so I would highly suggest you find out if the ITAR laws apply to you, but again ... this forum is not about providing legal advise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts