Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the Mossberg 500 shotguns basically the same, save for the grip? Reason I ask:

I plan on setting up a 500 with the SpecOps recoil reducing stock. The pistol grip 500 Persuader is cheaper than the full stock 500. AND the one at my local gun shop alread has a rail on the foregrip and an extended mag tube....which is basically what I want in a shotgun.

So it they're all the same, I'm just gonna get that shotgun and slap the SpecOps stock on it and come out saving some $$$

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd look into mesa tactical if you haven't made a purchase yet. Of course the system costs almost as much as your shotgun but its completely worth it if you plan on shooting a lot of slugs

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Are all the Mossberg 500 shotguns basically the same, save for the grip? Reason I ask:

I plan on setting up a 500 with the SpecOps recoil reducing stock. The pistol grip 500 Persuader is cheaper than the full stock 500. AND the one at my local gun shop alread has a rail on the foregrip and an extended mag tube....which is basically what I want in a shotgun.

So it they're all the same, I'm just gonna get that shotgun and slap the SpecOps stock on it and come out saving some $$$
I am sure the pistol grip model is the same gun.
Over 20 years age I got my model 500 in a combo pack. It came with the shotgun with a 28" barrel with a modified choke, wooden stock/recoil pad & fore grip. It also came with an 18.5" barrel & a pistol grip/mounting hardware.
Years age I changed the wood fore grip to a black composite 1 to match the black pistol grip. I have been considering the same stock, please post where you find the best deal at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts