Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm near Frederick, MD and this weekend there's a show put on by Silverado:

http://www.silveradogunshow.com/fred-apr07.html

Not a lot of info available on line but they clearly seem to be giving the impression that there will be a lot of vintage or collector guns. But can anyone tell me, are there likely to be new guns for sale at a show like this? I am hoping to find a new P95 and I heard that show prices can sometimes be good.

Any feedback greatly appreciated, it's this weekend but I can't afford the time if it's not what I'm looking for. Thank you!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Eddie, not familiar with the Maryland shows, know of a lot of the 'antique' guys go over there. Closest we ever got was to Harrisburg,Pa last month.
Just what are you looking for? All you gotta do is "ask", you'd be surprised what these guys can come up with or tell you where to look/find it..........

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan. Well, I'm really just shopping for our first handgun. A friend has an older but lightly used P95, so in researching that I found this list and as a result have already built an affection for Ruger. But I'd kind of like to find something new but still pay less than $400. I keep going back and forth between a semi and a revolver (my Dad was a revolver guy). My wife seems more comfortable with the idea of a revolver. But I think she'd be comfortable with the 9mm size. Anyway, I just wanted to shop in a big place with lots of options and prices to sort of see what's out there...

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way, I went to this Silverado show and it was pretty good. Three buildings, and plenty of new stuff to look at.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts